Vsg - so much pain in main incision

startingmynewlife
on 7/12/14 11:52 pm

I was sleeved on Thursday and the pain from the one incision where the stapler/camera etc go is so intense. The others are not bothering me at all - but this is a 7/10 on the pain scale. Hard to sit/ last down/ sit on toilet etc.

Anyone who had VSG experience similar? 

Thx.

Member Services
on 7/13/14 2:27 am - Irvine, CA

Please give your surgeon a call right away.  Also when asking VSG questions you will get more responses if you post on the VSG forum. Here is the link:

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

BASIMAH02
on 7/13/14 11:25 am - IL

I had a similar problem post-op. I had a gastric bypass 6/23/14 and on week 2 I had pain on my left side that was so bad it was like a hot knife stabbing me. It turned out to be internal stitches pulling when I moved the wrong way. A stomach binder would have prevented the whole episode but I didn't find out until too late. Of course call your surgeon first and foremost. If he mentions internal stitches, please get a stomach binder to keep your stomach stable. 

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

MsShawna
on 7/15/14 8:52 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi startingmynewlife  I know exactly what you mean I have a JP drain from my surgery last Thursday and the area where the JP drain is painful I am going to get it removed tomorrow. I agree with the other poster you might want to give your surgeon a call to rule out a infection.

Most Active