Mind Games

Crystal M.
on 7/13/14 7:38 am
VSG on 06/23/14

So, I'm about 3 weeks post op vsg. I've lost 20 pounds since my surgery. Somehow I still fight this little obesity demon in my head. It's saying things like: "You aren't really losing weight."..."You can't escape me!"..."You really think you've won?".

It's so stupid! Did anyone else struggle for the reality to sink in that the weight is really going to come off? It's almost like I can't accept that this is really happening. My body is really going to change. I really have a chance, if I work hard and stay on plan, to leave obesity in the dust for good!

All things in good time!

VSG on 06/12/13

TOTALLY. 

My therapist advised me - wisely - to focus on working the plan because this fear led me to weigh compulsively. I could control my behaviors, but I couldn't control the numbers. I could influence the numbers through behavior, though, and that is what I did. 

This is why people here get so worried about stalls and how fast they are losing, and the vets always say to just work the plan and the weight WILL come off. It's true. You'll drive yourself mad if you obsess too much on the scale. I see it as a side effect of that obesity demon.

You are right. You have a GREAT chance to WIN if you work this properly and stay on plan! 

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

CHELLEYGIRL
on 7/14/14 1:17 am - PALMDALE, CA

I thought that too. And honestly I still have those thoughts sometimes. I just try and push them outta my head. :) You ARE doing it!!! You are going to win!!! 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active