Losing pregnancy weight

Jenna75
on 7/11/14 10:50 am

I'm looking for some moral support. I had gastric bypass surgery nearly 5 years ago. I weighed 276 and got down to 161 never hit goal. I had a baby five months ago and I gained a total of 28 pounds 18 of which I have not lost. I fear that I have developed poor eating habits again. I cant seem to get back on track. Looking for some support from others that might have gone through the same thing any advice would be much appreciated.

MickeyDee
on 7/12/14 10:01 am

I'm dealing with regain also.  I'm not able to eat very much still, so food intake is not a problem, but I find I have much better results since I put exercise back into my routine.  I'm doing 30 minutes 3X weekly at a local gym, and it is helping already.

It's not easy, but it is worth it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/12/14 11:28 am, edited 7/12/14 11:28 am

Some wise said "you can't outrun bad diet"... I used to be a fit- fat person. 

I gained 25 lbs too many.  So this year I put myself on a program - limiting my calories to 1100-1200 a day, with up to 100 gr of proteins, no more than 60-70 total ( not net) carbs and rest from fat.  I lost 12 lbs already.  10 more to go - but plan to do that without changing the diet - I added exercise - in my case it is yoga 3-4 times a week and fast walking.  

Yoga gives me flexibility and lean muscle definition - walking - just burns calories. 

Very strenoiusd exercise makes me very hungry and causes my blood sugars to drop = I then need to eat carbs andc sugars to get it up - and at the end I may consume more calories than I burn... 

I am also active - house work, shopping, yard work, taking stairs any chance I get - all adds up...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jenna75
on 7/13/14 1:30 pm

Thank you so much for your response going to do something similar. I pray it works for me. 

Most Active