I am stuck..please help.!!!!

DeeLi
on 7/11/14 5:29 am

Hi every one..Advice needed.Post lap band five months.I hurt my back terribly two months ago and cannot do all the activities I need to do to help this journey.Although I have lost about 53-55lbs in three months immediately post op ( five in last month),nothing else seems to be happening.Its been a sad painful few months.I fight back with my meals,high protein near no carbs,low fat and increased fluids.The scale is mocking me I swear.Please what else?.I am due for a fill.I cancelled my appointment last week for one,because am embarrassed nothing much has been lost since my last fill.I am fighting the "comfort from food call" because my injury has me trapped and sad.Please HELP,any suggestion on how I can continue losing weight?..What high protein foods other than just basics can I use?..much love everyone

Thank you..Dee

56sunShine14
on 7/11/14 7:51 am

Hi Dee,  that is an incredibly good weight loss for the band and you!!  Why are you so unhappy with it?  I was banded in 2007 and it took 18 months to get 80 pounds off and many adjustments and a whole lot of vomiting.  I did everything as I was supposed to the whole time.  But a weight loss like yours was an impossible feat for me.

Stay on plan, get your protein and fluids in and let the band do it's work.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

DeeLi
on 7/12/14 5:13 am

Thank you Karen,I need to hear this.I thought I was off track by not losing much recently.Thank you for your encouragement.I never vomited,just some occasional nausea after having eggs..guess might be the new sensitivity to smell.I will stay on track and remain positive.High five with your success and continuing so.

Most Active