First Day of Pre Op has me second guessing everything!! But i think I'm just hungry lol

iamdeannadixon
on 7/11/14 5:14 am

I started so well today, and have been following my pre op diet to the "T".  Right now I'm sitting at my desk and my head is spinning, and I feel light headed.  I'm thinking of all of the things that I will never endulge in again.  I'm thinking of the fact that I won't be able to over eat anymore.  I'm just so greedy that most times, I'm eating because I like to feel my mouth move, and when something is really tasty i like to have lots of it.  am I going to make it through this 2 week pre op diet, and what are some tips that you guys can offer.  I would like to chew on something, like anything!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  Pray my strength

dlang057
on 7/11/14 5:40 am
RNY on 03/25/14

My pre-op craziness ended by the end of the 4th day.  You will likely feel like crap and be thinking about food for the first few days and then, at least for me, it was like a light switched on.  I had endless energy and felt kind of disgusted about the foods I used to eat.

Don't fret about not being able to eat the foods you used to eat.  You can still enjoy those foods later, just not in the same manner.  Heck you may even feel empowered by the fact that you can eat those foods but have a sensible portion; I know I did and do!

As for chewing I was allowed sugar free popsicles which I guess if you bite it you can chew it  LOL.

Best of luck!

iamdeannadixon
on 7/11/14 7:29 am

i really appreciate you responding.  Its crazy how emotional this process is, and it makes you feel guilty knowing people would die to be in my shoes. I appreciate your words.  I know this is just the beginning.

kathie1212
on 7/11/14 1:41 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

Sugar is in all those carbs your detoxing from so keep that in mind. I am pre opp as well. I did a fast for different reasons and the first few days I was soooo emotional I was coming off coffee, sugar and carbs! I was at work and one second I was laughing the next minute I was crying it was crazy. I later  found out its better to cut off sugar carbs and caffine  slowly in advance lol  So this really will pass :) all my best to you!!!

Kathie

Most Active