Hernia repair and tummy tuck: Your input please?

sleevelessinNY
on 7/9/14 1:02 pm

Did anyone go thru a tummy tuck while also repairing their abdominal hernia?  What kind of insurance coverage issues did you run into?

What kind of surgeon is best to deal with this surgery.  Obviously if you are going for a tummy tuck you are likely to go with plastic surgeon. But if you also need to take care of your hernia do you go with a general surgeon or still plastic surgeon?  How long was your recovery after this?

I am still probably a year or year and half away from the tummy tuck, but it looks like I have hernia. So trying to research my options. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/9/14 1:10 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I have two abdominal hernias.  I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck, brachioplasty, and hernia repair in February.  My insurance denied coverage for the tummy tuck but approved the hernia surgery.  Since I am having the plastics done at the same time as the hernia surgery my plastic surgery is cheaper because of the hernia surgery.  I am having surgery at the University of Miami Hospital with a well respected plastic surgeon and a gastro doc is doing my hernia repair at the same time.  I am paying $9800 cash.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

eternitymed7
on 7/18/14 10:13 pm

I only did a tummy tuck 3 months back at a Clinic in Dubai. I heard that the Eternity Medicine Institute was excellent, it was recommended by a colleague. Usually I guess it will be cheaper due to the process being the same. Good luck with your surgery and tell us how it went.

The Dubai health screening center is the best solution for health and beauty

Most Active