Random Question

Lady_K1126
on 7/8/14 5:10 am

Has anyone ever heard of WLS being pushed up because of a person's co-morbidities?  For example, the patient has really high blood pressure and cholesterol.  Just wondering.

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

ShawnaMC
on 7/8/14 5:22 am

A lady in my wls class told us that her mom's was pushed up because her health was declining due to severe diabetic issues. So, possibly, in some cases, yes.

Instagram

Cathy W.
on 7/8/14 7:12 am

Mine was pushed up by two months because my gallbladder was in bad shape.  One of my pre-op tests was a gallbladder scan.  When they saw the scan, they were surprised I hadn't had a bad gallbladder attack.  I was scheduled for a few days later for my RNY and gallbladder removal. 

Lady_K1126
on 7/8/14 7:47 am

Thanks y'all. 

MickeyDee
on 7/9/14 12:01 pm

Many of the obese community have those problems, so while they are co-morbidities, I don't think they'd count as drastric problems.

Do you have a particular reason for moving it up except for wanting it done?  If so, talk to your doctor and see if they can schedule you asap.  For most surgeons, there is a co-ordination that needs to be done with hospital operating rooms, etc., which means at least a couple of months.

Lady_K1126
on 7/9/14 8:54 pm

I asked the question out of concern for a co-worker.  She has the co-morbidities and has gotten quite ill recently.  As much as I'd like to get the surgery done as soon as possible - I still have several insurance hoops to jump through.  Thanks for the answers!

Most Active