Water/Drink Enhancers...... Love Em!!!

BASIMAH02
on 7/8/14 4:02 am - IL

I am post-op gastric bypass and the main problem I have is trying to get all my water intake. Mind you, I have never been a big water drinker. You could say that I kinda "dislike" water. What helps me actually like water and drink it more are the drink enhancers. They are small 2oz bottles that you can squirt into your cup or water bottle. You determine how many squirts based on your taste, they come in a variety of flavors, they're sugar free and you can get them with vitamin B12 so that's an added plus. They usually can be found in any major grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc... next to the Crystal Light drink mix. Just a tip to help with those having difficulty getting in all their water requirements. 

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

dlang057
on 7/8/14 4:54 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Love the cherry-limeade flavor.  Has helped me with my water intake big time!

Caribbeandiva
on 7/10/14 8:25 am

Wow, I noticed your weight loss, and it is great!!! What is your daily regimen as far as exercising etc.? I just got into a groove post op. I had surgery on 5/7/14, and have lost almost 30 pounds. I couldn't find the "right" protein drink. I am not hungry, so I take the bariatric vitamins, drink fluids, and my protein shake. I will begin to really exercise now, knowing I won't pass out....

dlang057
on 7/10/14 11:08 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Thanks and I feel great after loosing those 86lbs  LOL.  Well you definitely have to get at least 80g of protein daily; that helps with the weight loss.  I'm still not hungry but do manage to eat/drink my protein to get to at least the 80g a day.  Right now I am just walking.  Physically I feel like I can now do more so I am increasing my walks to 45 minutes and working in an extra 30 minute walk at work if it is not too hot outside.  I have a goal to join a gym over the Labor Day.  I am really not looking forward to going to the gym but know I need to loose the next 80+ lbs.

AngryViking
on 7/8/14 4:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Crystal Light Mandarin Orange Iced Tea is outstanding.

Darkwingdc
on 7/13/14 11:49 am - MI

I have the sugar free Kook-Aid on my desk right now.  I drink 20oz of water then 20oz of sugar free kool-aid.  LOVE it

Most Active