No side effects.

Carfigure
on 7/8/14 4:47 am

I had revision from lap band to RNY on June 25, 2014.  I went to my follow up appt yesterday n I have lost 20 pounds in 12 days which is great. I just haven't had any side effect what so ever sometimes I ask myself did they do RNY.  I haven't vomit like others say or any diarrhea which I'm not complaining but I guess I'm fearful that I will fail like the band did.  I eat how my doc tells me but I never feel full like others describe. I do feel satisfy but not like I hear others say that they can't finish there food. I do stop but not cause I feel I can't finish is more I stop because I want too.  I was wondering anyone out there going thru same thing?  

jenorama
on 7/8/14 5:21 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Early out you might not feel full because your nerves and bits are healing.  You want to stick to your doc's guidelines and not pu**** to make sure you don't accidentally injure yourself.  :D  After my RNY, I could definitely feel full, but in the last few months, I can definitely feel more restriction, especially with dense protein.  

Not spewing from both ends is great!  Keep in mind that RNY is not just restrictive like the band.  Your intestines are not absorbing as much right now and won't catch up for a while.  Take it easy and enjoy the ride.  :D

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/14 6:12 am

After my surgery I questioned the doctor if he did anything in there he just laughed at me. A few weeks later I did have pain when I drank cold liquids so my stomach was healing. 

I do have restrictions when I eat I do feel full. I didn't feel full right away I was scared to eat. I did measure everything. Knock on wood I never barfed.I guess I was lucky.

BASIMAH02
on 7/8/14 8:30 am - IL

I too just had a revision from band to gastric Bypass 6/23/14. Hello fellow post-op pal. You have to be careful to not eat too much because you can mess up your stomach sutures. I had a bad episode with left side pain from internal stitches pulling but other than that, I'm fine. My stomach was numb for over a week after surgery so it takes time for your nerves to recuperate. Keep with the ordered diet.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

Carfigure
on 7/8/14 8:38 am

Hey, I'm not over eating at all. I'm just wondering y I wasn't feeling full not that I eat to the point to get full but it seems like ppl have all these side effects that I kinda felt maybe something is wrong. I mean **** I lost 20 pounds in less than 2 week so I know I'm doing good. Guess  I'm lucky I haven't vomit or anything else. Thanking God. 

Most Active