Fruits

Carfigure
on 7/7/14 10:42 am

Unfortunately my doctor be in a rush that I don't get to ask all my questions. Anyone know can we eat fruits in stage 2. 

Bette B.
on 7/7/14 11:07 am

It depends on what your doc describes as stage 2. For some, it's just protein drinks and cream soups. For some, it's a puree stage. If it's puree, you probably would be okay with anything PEELED and SEEDED, then pureed to a stage thin enough to be pulled through a straw.

But your best bet is always to ask you doc or his office first. And don't let him be "in a rush." He works for you and needs to slow the hell down until your questions are answered. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

poet_kelly
on 7/7/14 11:34 am - OH

I don't know what your doctor's stage two is.  You can call the office in the morning and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carfigure
on 7/7/14 1:59 pm

Stage 2 is purée.  I know I can ask my doctor but like I said alway in a rush but whatever I will figure it out.  

kathkeb
on 7/7/14 2:09 pm

You might try some no sugar added applesauce to see how you tolerate it.

It is smooth enough, but might have too much natural sugar for you .... It is pretty much trial and error.

So, maybe try a few spoonfuls at home and see how you feel.

Kath

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 2:11 pm

Oh! You can take fresh fruits rich in fiber to promote easy elimination of wastes. You can eat pineapple, apple, banana, and also vegetables to promote healing.

Gwen M.
on 7/7/14 10:18 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I can't on my surgeon's plan. Since every plan is different it can be unsafe to give advice on the early eating stages. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kate -True Brit
on 7/7/14 11:42 pm - UK
On July 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM Pacific Time, francisczarinaB wrote:

Oh! You can take fresh fruits rich in fiber to promote easy elimination of wastes. You can eat pineapple, apple, banana, and also vegetables to promote healing.

In stage 2?   I assume this is if well pureed. And pineapple even when pureed is not always smooth.

to the OP, doctors hold differing views! Ask your for his.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MsBatt
on 7/8/14 2:29 am

Keep in mind that most fruits are high in SUGAR---and no, your body doesn't CARE that it's 'natural', it's still sugar and still high in calories and has no nutritional value. (Fruit itself has some nutritional value, but the sugar it contains does not.)

If you want to maximize your weight loss, don't eat fruit.

sp1209
on 7/8/14 2:46 am - AL

I love and crave fruit! I have to limit as much as possible because it's huge trigger for me.

Most Active