So, having a difficult time...

ShawnaMC
on 7/8/14 4:41 am

I'd say different surgeons, and this surgeon knowing this body is probably a big part of it. But going from band to RNY is a little different, as the surgeon would be cutting above the portion of the stomach that housed the band and disconnecting it. With the sleeve, the full length of the stomach remains, so it (in my mind at least lol) makes sense that it would need to heal first, so they could make the incision without having the stomach already irritated. Better healing opportunity.

Instagram

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/14 11:18 am

Can you get busy - get part time job to start saving for plastics.  Look forward... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

56sunShine14
on 7/8/14 1:27 am

Unfortunately, I am unable to work, on disability.  But I do make and sell jewelry and normally, that is what takes my time up.  But, I am finding that I gravitate to this site more often than to the jewelry these days.  Because that had been the way I make money at times and how I reduce stress, it was great.  But I am having a hard time creating now and think this is my problem.  But, I don't want to leave the boards because I learn so much from them. 

I think I will just take the suggestion to stop looking at the pics.  Might work..  Thank you tho.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Judy700
on 7/7/14 9:09 pm
VSG on 03/11/14 with

Try forgiving yourself that the band didn't work for you.  I'm a sleever (almost 4 mo.) and was told upfront not to consider the band.  The surgeons said it just doesn't work.  I know there are people here who have had success with it, but from what I heard at my first information session, there are more who it doesn't work for than for who it does.  Let yourself know that you are giving yourself a fresh start and try to erase your history of failures from your outlook.  I know that's not easy.  If you need a therapist to do that, get one.  You WILL do this!

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

56sunShine14
on 7/8/14 1:31 am

Thanks Judy.  I haven't thought I was feeling guilty as I have known it needed to come out for the last 4 years and was happy I started researching options when I did.  But, it is possible that failure is part of it and I have not recognized it. 

Just that thought, like all of you have had, of being healthy again and having that body I once had.  And, so far, my bloodwork came back good, EKG good, blood pressure good.  I have always been healthy except for osteo arthritis and weight.  Makes waiting for that body that much more difficult.  Know what I mean?

Thanks to all for your support!!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

msladykris
on 7/9/14 11:52 pm - Indianapolis, IN
DS on 03/25/15

Please hang in there! This 8 weeks will go by fast!

Most Active