3 days to surgery

gabesat
on 7/5/14 10:50 am
VSG on 07/08/14

Hi, I will have VSG on July 8 and I'm very nervous, I am a 39yrs male 6'1" and weight 270lbs with a BMI of 35 and I want to loose around 70-80 lbs. how long will it take for me to loose that?

I am really afraid of the surgery not because of the surgery itself but of the new lifestyle. 

Does es anyone here had the same goals as me? I often read stories of people that was much more heavy than me so I can't take them as reference, actually on my appointment date I had 35.6 BMI so I was on the borderline between doing it or not. 

Please comment and tell me your experience. 

Thanks

Cheryl H.
on 7/6/14 4:54 am - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

I don't have any advice because I am new here too and frankly, very anxious as well....my surgery date is July 24th.  I just wanted to say, GOOD LUCK!  I hope you do well and post lots of experiences, progress and etc on here!  I know I will appreciate it!  

Nancy
on 7/7/14 1:58 am - Kasson, MN

You will do great... Just take it one day at a time!

gabesat
on 7/11/14 3:48 pm
VSG on 07/08/14

LATEST NEWS !!!

I had my VSG done and also a Hiatal Hernia repaired during the surgery, my SW was 274 on July 8 and today July 12 is 258 so 16lbs in 4 days is just amazing. 

Im still on the clear liquids phase and the biggest pain I've had is because of the hernia repair.

I have no appetite at all so the clear liquid phase has been really easy despite of what I though it was going to be. 

If anyone here has good recipes for the 2nd phase which is liquids only (but not only clear) I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you

Most Active