The Illusion of Overeating

Crystal M.
on 7/4/14 2:05 pm, edited 7/4/14 2:07 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

11 days Post Op VSG. By the time I get to the end of the day, and I've drank my protein shakes, my water, and eaten what I can (mostly protein right now), I feel like I ate WAY too much. Like before, when you go to an all you can eat restaurant and gorge yourself to the point of feeling ill. I'm thinking: 'Man I Really over did it today!' I'm all nervous putting my food into my eating log...603 calories...33g of protein. Not bad at all for 11 days PO. I think all of my dieting days have me psyched out. I feel full...more than satisfied. So, I associate that with those days when I cheated on my diet and went overboard. It's crazy. This surgery is perfect for me! I am satisfied, but it is impossible to go overboard! I stop eating when I'm full. It doesn't matter if there is food left over on my plate. I'm full...I'm done. I have no desire to keep eating. I am losing weight. I am full. I am satisfied. On just 400-600 calories a day. It's kind of a real mind F***!

All things in good time!

Lady_K1126
on 7/5/14 5:57 am

Congrats on the surgery and weight loss!  I'm still pre-op and even following my nutrition plan, I feel like that some days.  I think our brains are wired a certain way and these changes confuse it.

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

VSG on 06/12/13

Crazy, isn't it? I'm a shade over a year out and still feel that way. If I don't track things as I eat them, I think, oh, man, I have blown it today just based on how I feel. Then, when I add the data into MFP, I am right on target. I try not to go too long between recording items as the memory gets hazy and I do prefer to see how I am doing as I go/keeps the brain in check. No surprises that way!

laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Laura in Texas
on 7/5/14 11:28 pm

Enjoy it. Be aware the pendulum does seem to swing the other way by year 2-3 which is why we see so many regain posts (and most of the posts are from people who claim to be doing everything right).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tracy D.
on 7/6/14 11:58 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

This is one reason why I do not wait until the end of the day to log my food.   From Day 1 post-op I always put everything into my food planner the night before so I could be certain that I had the proper amount of protein/carbs/calories.  If the numbers come out wonky I have time to change things up.   Then I know what has to be packed for lunch and snacks the next day to take with me to the office.  

But of course I am a compulsive planner - lol!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 2:01 am

Enjoy it. Congrats Conail.

Crystal M.
on 7/7/14 12:07 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

Thank you for all of the responses! I hope by year 2-3 I will have reshaped my habits and won't fall back into my old ways like so many others are unwilling to admit.

All things in good time!

Most Active