Help!

jmcneil400
on 7/3/14 1:30 pm

I am considering the Duodenal Switch. I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I am 400 lbs and can't get it off. I've stayed the same weight with out gaining for over a year.

Id you have had this surgery can you please tell me your experiences(good and bad) I have never had surgery even once. What do I expect?

I will be seeing a doctor to discuss my options soon. (after July 4th)

Thanks in advance for your help

56sunShine14
on 7/4/14 12:06 pm

have you been over on the DS board?  You can find a lot of info there.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Nancy
on 7/7/14 2:05 am - Kasson, MN

Talk with your doctor what would be best for you.  Address your medical concerns!

MsBatt
on 7/7/14 10:12 am

I'm 10.5 years post-op from my DS. I'm still "in love" with my surgery. I have NO regrets whatsoever.

I encourage you to check out the DS board here, and the various FB DS groups.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/7/14 5:06 pm

I"m 6+ years post DS, and am so glad I chose this surgery. I'm off all the prescription meds that I took before, and am healthy as a horse. 

I highly recommend deciding on what surgery will work best for you, then finding a surgeon that you want that does that surgery. If you just go to the nearest one, they will only recommend the surgery they do (the Ford dealer never says "I think you should go across the street and buy a Lexus") and many give bad information to steer patients away from procedures they don't do. 

Most Active