Protein Drinks

JBright1955
on 7/3/14 4:50 am

One month post op .  Still trying to find a protein drink I like.  Most of them taste like chalk!  Any suggetions?

Dreamy74
on 7/3/14 6:15 am
RNY on 02/04/15

I am pre-WLS but I have been sampling various protein drinks now and one I like is called Harmonized Progressive Vanilla.  It is 24 grams of protein per scoop and I have one scoop in 250 ml of Almond or regular milk and blend it with ice.  It is not too sweet and has no artificial sweetener (just a natural one - Stevia) and it's sooo good.  I blend it for longer than I need to and it foams up like a milkshake.

Gwen M.
on 7/3/14 8:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My favorites are double rich chocolate and peanut butter cookie.  I mix them with unsweetened original almond milk.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 9:40 am

Syntrax Nectar and Syntrax Matrix are both awesome. They are very sweet, so if you're not a sweet tooth like me, they may be a little too sweet. The Matrix products seem to be less sweet than the Nectar ones. Making them with milk has helped me like them even more because they taste rich and delicious but the texture threw me off because it was so watery and something so rich and creamy should have a thicker consistency. I went to americanspice.com and bought some powdered WHOLE milk. It's not the watery stuff you're used to getting in the big boxes at the grocery store. It's creamy and adds a little thickness and makes it taste more like ice cream/milkshake. I use some of the powdered mil**** and protein in the blender and it's amazing. No chalk here!

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 2:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

I really like Premier protein shakes - 30g of protein, ready-to-drink, quite tasty.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active