Thinking out loud and wondering...

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/14 2:32 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

Could it be possible that since I'm still drinking protein shakes (in addition to very small portions of food) 2 to 3 times a day that I could be "afraid" of eating?  I'm reaching for a shake versus eating most of the time. I'm thrilled beyond words at my weight loss thus far (approx 70 lbs, at 4.5 months post-op). I'm no longer a diabetic, off 6 prescription medications, and have NO regrets whatsoever! I find myself not eating more than a few bites at a time for fear of getting sick (I've had more than my fair share of being sick!!).  Should I just be happy with my progress so far and the eating part will come more naturally? Anything I do eat I make sure I label read 1st, etc cuz I never ever wanna go back to where I was.  Anyone else go through this?

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/1/14 8:58 pm, edited 7/1/14 8:59 pm

As long as it works - go for it... But....

Only you know if you just scared or use the excuse ..

Due to complications (hernias) - I had tendency to drink protein shakes, eat easy - slider foods and I relayed on dairy based shakes and dairy food for long time (cheese, yogurt).  As a result of that - very mono-diet,  I  developed allergies to dairy - so no more whey protein shakes for me, no more cheese... Just be aware that may happen.  Very restrictive diets - mono diets may lead to food allergies.  And other issues. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 7/1/14 9:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Eating doesn't come naturally to any of us, or we wouldn't have needed WLS. Before too much longer you are going to start getting hungry again, and protein shakes will not give you a full feeling, and it will drive you crazy.

For the long term, depending so much on shakes is just not sustainable, and you'll need food. Use this hiatus from hunger to practice good food choices that you can use for the rest of your life.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active