Stretched Stomach?

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 4:36 am

I am almost 3 months out from surgery and wondering how can you tell if you have stretched your stomach out?  Should I do the 5 day pouch test this early on?  How many calories should you be taking in 3 months post op?

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 4:36 am

I am almost 3 months out from surgery and wondering how can you tell if you have stretched your stomach out?  Should I do the 5 day pouch test this early on?  How many calories should you be taking in 3 months post op?

Gwen M.
on 6/30/14 5:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Why are you worried that you have?  

I'm three months out, and I eat three meals a day of 2-3 ounces of food.  Then I have a shake to make sure I meet my protein requirement.  

How much are you eating?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 6:13 am

I am concerned because I am able to eat a whole tuna to go kit (crackers and all) and don't get any chest tightness when before I was only able to eat 1/2 of it

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 6:13 am

I am concerned because I am able to eat a whole tuna to go kit (crackers and all) and don't get any chest tightness when before I was only able to eat 1/2 of it

poet_kelly
on 6/30/14 6:54 am - OH

To tell if you've stretched your stomach, you would need your doctor to do an endoscopy and look at it.  But it's unlikely you've stretched it.

I don't see the point in doing the five day pouch test or any other fad diet.  If fad diets were effective, none of us would have needed WLS, right?  And there is no fad diet that will tell you if you've stretched your stomach.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

A. Kondrlik
on 6/30/14 7:08 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Take a deep breath.  You are fine.  If you have a plan from your doctor telling you how much volume of food you should   be eating, just eat that volume of food (such as a certain number of ounces of meat, or a volume of food for example)  and  you will be ok.  Early out you are still learning your body's signals that you are satisfied, not stuffed. when you start feeling a little full, stop.  But don't go over the amount your doctor has told you to eat at this point.  Eat your tuna first, and I bet you will feel full.  When you mix dense protein with anything else it turns into a slider and you can eat more. Dense protein first THEN your veggie, you won't have room for anything else.  I avoided crackers at 3 months, and rarely eat them now (and only whole wheat) Some vets don't eat them at all.  They go down REALLY easy.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 10:40 am, edited 6/30/14 10:40 am

Thank you!  I do need to remember not to mix the protein with the rest but eat it first:)  I am so scared I am going to fail at this that whenever the scale stays still more than 5 days I start to freak out.  I have been snacking a bunch lately and no****ching what or how I am eating very closely.  I need to really get back in the game if I don't want to mess this up:(

vsg_lose4good
on 6/30/14 10:40 am, edited 6/30/14 10:40 am

Thank you!  I do need to remember not to mix the protein with the rest but eat it first:)  I am so scared I am going to fail at this that whenever the scale stays still more than 5 days I start to freak out.  I have been snacking a bunch lately and no****ching what or how I am eating very closely.  I need to really get back in the game if I don't want to mess this up:(

56sunShine14
on 6/30/14 11:13 am

You should put your scale away and only check your weight once a week or so.  It will make you crazy doing it every day!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active