In need of help.

Carfigure
on 6/30/14 9:09 am

5 days post op (gastric bypass) n feeling sad. I don't want to regret this but it has crossed my mind a few times. I'm on liquid diet n can't stop thinking about food but I'm not hungry.  I just hate this feeling. 

Cathy W.
on 6/30/14 9:39 am

I understand.  The first few days after surgery can be emotional.  It will pass - it truly will. 

You're tired and recuperating from the surgery.  Being on the liquid diet isn't a typically culinary good thing.  Before you know it, you'll feel better physically each day you're post-op.  The mushy food stage will bring back more familiar foods.  This part of the post-op recuperation is only temporary.  It does get better.  As you lose weight, this brief period of time will be nothing more than a memory. 

Get lots of rest.  Check out the RNY message board too for additional support. 

Carfigure
on 6/30/14 10:17 am

Thank you. I'm really emotional about this I really don't want to regret this. I actually had revision from the band. I know it's all into head but it's really hard. As I write this I'm in tears. Wasn't this emotional when I got the band. 

mbentz
on 6/30/14 1:00 pm - Somerset, PA

I was on an emotional rollercoaster for about 4 weeks after surgery.  It is quite normal to experience ups and downs.  I remember one time just sitting and crying.  My husband asked me what was wrong and I told him that I had absolutely no idea.  I just felt like crying.  Lol.  It will pass.  This is just a hormonal issue that can occur after any major surgery.  Hang in there.

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
Carfigure
on 7/1/14 4:32 am

Thank you. 

Cathy W.
on 6/30/14 1:01 pm

Do you think it could be because you had difficulties or issues with the Band and you are fearful you'll have problems from RNY?

Carfigure
on 7/1/14 4:35 am

I don't really think so because I'm not worried that I'm going to fail is just that I feel sad n think of food all the time as if I will never eat again.  But who knows maybe u r right. 

Smithren
on 6/30/14 9:51 pm - Bethlehem, CT
RNY on 06/24/14

I know exactly how you're feeling. I am 7 days post op.  The first few days I was wondering what the heck I did to myself (feeling a little more better about it now).  My head still wants the food, but my stomach is not hungry and I know I can't "eat".  My sister had RNY 4 years ago, she said getting her head in the game took about a month and was one of the hardest things for her.  Once she started to lose the weight it was worth it, she's down 160 lbs.  I wish you well, hang in there it will get better!

HW: 280  SW: 264  GW: 140

Carfigure
on 7/1/14 4:36 am

Thanks 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/1/14 5:13 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I remember I started to question whether I did the right thing having surgery at EXACTLY five days after surgery.  I think it's very common.  

It will pass.  You realize that you've made a decision to modify your body that cannot easily be undone.  There's so much going on hormonally, physically and emotionally right after surgery.  Just give yourself time to heal and you will start to feel better about everything.

I'm six months post surgery and SO happy that I did it.  Life is beautiful and I still have a lot of weight to lose.  Hang in there.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active