financing with bad credit for surgery n Mexico

Sabyan2060
on 6/29/14 7:52 am - Belton, TX

Please help!!  I was n a bad car accident in 2009 that left me permanently disabled. Due to be almost immobile I have gained almost 80 lbs and I was not tiny to begin with. With every pound I continue to gain my pain increases along with a list of medical problems related to the weight. I desperately need this done but it took me 3 years to get my SSDI and then another 2 years to get medicare and I lost everything. 

Does anyone know of a place that will loan you money for surgery regardless of your credit?  

Thanks

Amanda

brooke71
on 6/30/14 4:45 am - Upland, CA

I was on Medicare when I had my surgery and I didn't pay a dime.  I may be out of touch but what are you talking about for the surgery?  Are you talking about paying a surgeon and not using your insurance?

Brooke Meyers

www.brookemeyers.com, www.iuseidlife.com 

Sabyan2060
on 6/30/14 5:48 am - Belton, TX

Well if I can't get medicare to approve my surgery then finding a in house plan likely in Mexico. How hard was it to get approved through medicare?  My bmi is 35.7 and I have medical co diction on the list. 

brooke71
on 6/30/14 6:20 am - Upland, CA

I remember it was really easy!  I don't remember my BMI but I know it was up there and I had other issues...borderline diabetes, sleep apnea, many problems....do you have other problems? You must have sleep apnea?  Make sure they bring all that out.  

To be honest, medicare was really awesome!  I can't believe it, maybe I was an exception maybe not but for some reason mine was very smooth.  I am praying for you that yours will be accepted and you are able to have your surgery.  I am SURE they will do it.  The health benefits are well documented!

Good luck!  Please keep me posted, I want to make sure you get it scheduled!

Brooke

Brooke Meyers

Sabyan2060
on 6/30/14 6:45 am - Belton, TX

Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging note. I plan to make an appt soon with a surgeon. Did you have to do the 6m diet thing prior to surgery? 

brooke71
on 6/30/14 7:03 am - Upland, CA

I am not sure what the 6m diet thing is?  I know I had to do a lot to get it approved.  They had classes, see a shrink, and the list went on....not sure about the diet though.

Brooke Meyers

Sabyan2060
on 6/30/14 7:41 am - Belton, TX

I read that they require a 6 month medical supervised weight loss program since they do not recognize WW or nutrisystem sec to prove you were trying to lose weight. What did they require you to do?  Just want to get all the I go I can and hopefully get any impending obstacles out of the way and try to smooth out the road to approve :)

brooke71
on 6/30/14 8:15 am - Upland, CA

No problems!  you are doing what you need to make sure you get approved so that is great!  I remember I had done numerous diets including WW but I don't remember having to do anything special.  I think in my case it may have been well documented what I had done to lose weight.  I think that's what they want to see....that you have "tried" but failed to lose weight.  
I hope that helps?  I am rooting for you.  Please keep me posted!  I want to know that you got approved and the hoops you had to jump through.

BEST OF LUCK!  Anytime you have a question please let me know.  I am happy to help!

Brooke Meyers

Most Active