I am 5 days post op for lap band

lacey_dream
on 6/29/14 7:23 am

I was banded on June 24th 2014 and i have not lost any more weight only the 11 ibs pre op. I feel horrible my mom was banded 2 years ago and lost 70 ibs in like 5 months why am i not losing anything? I weigh 228 ibs now and im 4' 11" i am just feeling down. I ate low carb on pre op and lost all that weight i barely have anything now and i am not losing anything!!! Why

kathkeb
on 6/29/14 8:39 am

Generally, they pump you full of fluids and air during your surgery, and it can take some time for that to go away.

You should have a follow up appointment coming up soon (I had one at 1 week post op and then another at 2 weeks post op).

Ask your doctor about expected weight loss ... With great restriction, it is usually 2-4 pounds per week at the beginning, especially if you lost some before surgery.

Also ask your surgeon about meal plans and what you are supposed to be eating at each stage.

Some doctors want

Liquids for 2 weeks,some only 3 days 

Kath

Bette B.
on 6/29/14 9:54 am

Lacey: I will try to say this nicely. You are FIVE DAYS out from surgery. Relax.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

poet_kelly
on 6/29/14 10:17 am - OH

You haven't lost weight because you just had surgery.  It took your mom five months to lose 70 lbs.  How fast did you think you'd lose weight?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kate -True Brit
on 6/29/14 11:17 am - UK

Think yourself lucky you haven't gained, some people do immediately post-op. Any I promise you there are going to be many periods of 5 days when you don't lose anything. Relax!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active