Who's Juicing Post op? Or Pre Op Also

huskergalWsD
on 6/29/14 5:21 am

I was juicing pre op a lot. I let it go for awhile because of my new  Post op demands of wls.. I'm trying to remember which juicers work better. I need to get back into juicing right away as I  now need to boost  my immune system so I can prolong my life.I was recently diagnosed with an illness that is damaging my immune system. I will do research about the better foods that build up immune systems. I know about increasing my vitamin C. I like to work on natural foods that heal the body so I am getting back into juicing and my boyfriend just bought me a new juicer for my birthday yesterday. It's the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express has 1,000 watts of power with 3,600 RPM motor.. as I looked at the display model I notice that the inside Filter/Blade has a rubber (so to speak) piece around the top layer of the filter blade . I have used ones with this same piece inside smaller juicer that was the Juiceman Jr. juicer and didn't like the way it clogged up so fast after just making one juice drink. I have owned one, years ago that had the filter blade with no rubber part around the top layer of the filter blade and it seemed to work longer , like making more juice drinks before it would clog up. My question is , since this juicer is a little larger with more power in the motor will it clog up just as fast as the juiceman Jr. did ?I had years ago?. I was told I could return the juicer if I didn't like it. However I'd  feel better knowing before hand if it will work ok without clogging up so quickly..Would someone be so kind and tell me if you are juicing and which juicer they would recommend? I wanted to stay under $100.00 for a juicer. I know about the Ninja fusion juicer. it's more costly.I'm sure there is one that would work just as well as them very expensive ones.Thanks for taking your time to give me some input on juicers.. PeaceV Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

huskergalWsD
on 6/29/14 5:44 am

Wanted to add, I have not used the new one yet..waiting to hear comments about juicers... thanks again.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Gwen M.
on 6/29/14 8:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

For me, juice would be way too much sugar and carbs - and in liquid form with no fiber.  So it's not something I'd want to use any of my limited calorie allotment on.  Especially since it wouldn't fill me up.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

White Dove
on 6/29/14 10:55 am - Warren, OH

Consumer Reports gave Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro 67650 a best buy rating.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kathie1212
on 7/2/14 2:27 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

I was using that juicer but I found juicing a waste of food....so much wasted pulp and it was getting crazy expensive for one glass of juice with house much u. veg u use. I instead now use a bledtek blender it emulsifys the whole veg to liquid lot less veg waste all the veg is juiced no waste and u can also make soups in it for post op. in the 100 dollar range u have the ninja as a good option or the mantel Williams one he advertises which I've heard great thing about as well!

good luck to you 

kathie

Most Active