Help! Thinking about going to Mexico

Womack179
on 6/28/14 10:57 am

My insurance, like most, will not pay for weight loss surgery though I have a bmi of 54 with health issues. I am thinking of going to Mexico for surgery. I am wanting the vertical sleeve and have found two doctors. One is from ready4achange, Dr Garcia... And the second is "a lighter me" with Dr. Ortiz... Help... Any stores, suggestions, anything! 

Deborah B.
on 6/28/14 12:03 pm

Here's a suggestion. You could look into this organization who help people who don't have insurance. It's a long shot but you may be a lucky one. I hope so. It's called Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America, here's the link to their site. I'm not associated with them, just know of them and their good work.
Best of luck!
http://www.wlsfa.org/

Womack179
on 6/28/14 12:21 pm

Thank you! 

smk920
on 6/29/14 12:58 am
VSG on 05/06/14

I was in the same situation. Dr. David Kim here in Texas has a couple of cash pay options that worked for me. It was still more expensive than Mexico but I felt reassured knowing that I was in the States. The Mexico doctors have excellent training, but the standards and regulations are very different than in the States. 

44 y/o f 5'5" HW:330 consult:322 SW:285 CW:248 goal:14O

pebtash
on 6/29/14 1:04 am
VSG on 11/25/14

I've thought about it to but can no longer afford it. There are many people on here that have been there without any problems. I even heard that they thought Mexico was cleaner than the states. If you go to topics and put in Mexico you should find people there to help you. Good Luck with your journey

Most Active