3 1/2 weeks post op, Feeling nauseated at the thought or smell of food

Amys61820
on 6/21/14 10:43 am
VSG on 06/03/14

Yesterday and today I've been really nauseated at the thought of eating of smell of any food. I haven't gotten sick or anything but it's so hard to eat when I feel this way. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Amy

Sleeved 6/3/14

HW:330 SW:310 CW:275 GW:175

pharmagirl_45
on 6/21/14 4:08 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I had this problem and it took about 2 months before I started feeling better.  It will pass.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

amandawilliams76
on 6/22/14 4:25 am
RNY on 06/04/14

I am 2 and a half weeks post RN surgery.  A week after surgery I ended up back in the hospital with gall stones and pancreatitis.   I can't stand the thought of eating any of the foods I can eat on the bypass diet.  I want to eat foods that everyone else eats.  Since I can't eat what I want, I just seem to not eat anything.  I am depressed and lack energy to do anything.  I hate my husband and family for eating deliciou db foods while I eat nothing.   Last night he had a big meal while I had a sugar free popsicle.   I told him he could have a meal of a popsicle.  He said that maybe if he had my surgery he would.  He doesn't understand that I am not satisfied with that popsicle.  I just eat it,  because I can't seem to make myself eat anything else.  I feel uncomfortable in my own body.   On top of everything else, a week after surgery I had lost 20 lbs.  With all the IV fluids and my kidneys being messed up from the pancreatitis,  I gained 24 lbs.  So, I am going through all of this and have gained weight as well.  All I want to do is cry.

JenniPenny
on 6/22/14 11:42 am - MN

If you're dehydrated you'll feel nauseated most of the time and more water and food will make it worse. If you're not getting in the required 64 ounces of water per day  you'll have to force the liquids down to make yourself feel better. You'll need to follow your docs menu and eat what's prescribed. Call the doc if you're concerned and remember to drink lots of water and eat what's on your menu for 3 1/2 weeks out.

Jen 13 yrs post op rNY

Jaq_Hopson
on 6/22/14 7:11 pm

It's a passing phase, don't worry about that.

Most Active