Pannileculectomy or Tummy Tuck with Insurance?

Sweetone9376
on 6/23/14 6:51 am - Atlanta, GA
I have read a while ago that some people where able to get their Panni's done through a Trauma Surgeon? Has anyone else heard of this or had luck with this? I am 4 years out of surgery. My weight is steady. My stomach is large. I am ready to take out a loan but if this is true I would rather go this route if possible.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks to all.
Shawn

Sarahlicious
on 6/23/14 10:22 am - Portsmouth, OH

Just plastic surgeon, many insurance cover it with documented proof of medical necessity, you need to check your policy to see what it states for reconstructive surgery. If for some reason it's not covered check CareCredit for medical financing. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

SandieMc49
on 6/23/14 9:38 pm

The surgeon who did my RNY did my panni - it was paid for by my insurance.  I had good documentation including visits to my PCP, receipts for prescriptions and very graphic pictures of my nasty rash!  The panni was easily approved.  I opted to NOT pay for the additional surgery to have "above the belly button done".  I go to the gym regularly and have been able to keep my upper abs in decent shape. 

Most Active