Surgery day tomorrow. Please help me calm down.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/22/14 10:09 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am glad.  You really will be ok.  Better than OK.    

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Cathy W.
on 6/22/14 7:08 am

Dr. Curry is a good surgeon so you're in good hands.  If he thought there would be any issues, you wouldn't be having surgery tomorrow.  It is perfectly normal to be scared and anxious.  You've done your research in selecting a surgeon so allow that to give you comfort with your decision. 

I was so anxious that as they wheeled me into the OR, I was considering backing out.  What made me feel confident was my choice of surgeon. 

I hope that makes you feel better as you begin your new, exciting healthy lifestyle. 

My thoughts are with you.  Take care.

une_nouvelle_vie
on 6/22/14 7:18 am

Thank you very much.  I do need to remember just how many of these Dr Curry has done and know that he'd let me know if he had doubts about my health.  

TexasTerritory
on 6/22/14 7:56 am
VSG on 07/22/13
When I had surgery, I would counter any moment of anxiety with the thought...I get to have drugs! Seriously, enjoy your pain meds and know that the very last thing your doctor wants is any problems. So if he/she said you're good to go, believe that!

une_nouvelle_vie
on 6/22/14 10:16 am

Focus on the drugs.  Focus on the drugs.  Focus on the drugs.  ;)

Thanks for your words,  I appreciate it.

basilmk
on 6/22/14 10:13 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I forgot to mention that on the morning of January 7, 2014, while I was feeling so anxious, I weighed 279. Now, THAT'S something to make me scared.

Today, five and a half months later, I weigh 186 and feel better than I have in decades...oh, another thing, I'm 66!

Take everyone's words to heart and get yourself to the hospital in the morning.  There will be many people out here sending their best wishes and prayers for you.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

une_nouvelle_vie
on 6/22/14 10:20 am

Thank you, you're so right.  As of today I am 358 pounds and 43 years old.  That's part of what's making me so scared.  I'm not a 25 year old youngin' and I am huge huge huge.  That feels like two strikes against me.  But, how long will I live being 350+ pounds. 

As much as I would like to chicken out, I'm going to get myself there.  Gotta take a chance.  Thanks again.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/14 10:29 am

Try to stop thinking about it.Put on some garbage tv.I was scared to.I think I was more scared how my life was going to change.It does change for the better.It may suck a bit in the beginning but now I would not change a thing.

une_nouvelle_vie
on 6/22/14 11:04 am

Good advice.  I'm going to watch the season premiere of True Blood and try to forget for a while.  Thank you.

ce004995
on 6/22/14 10:58 am - TX

You'll be ok sweety! I have had many surgeries in my life and they are a piece of cake. This is an exciting opportunity you have here. when you get there, everyone will be helping you calm down. Then they will have you put your lovely gown on before they cover you up with warm blankets. Soon they will give you something that will, trust me, calm you down before they wheel you in. after they put the mask on your face, they will tell you to count backwards from 100, you probably won't be able to get to 97! Next thing you know, you wake up in the recovery room as if it has only been a few seconds, and a nurse will give you pain meds if you need them. So happy for you!

Most Active