Starting to get second thoughts

ShadowWolf3
on 6/23/14 1:45 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I have been reading for years on it and I do know back in the 80-90's a lot of people had problems with the surgery so unless they are going by that not sure.  But surgery have advance so much now and days.  I'm sure things will be alright.  My husband has heard one of them talk and they said how their friend died of a blood clot.  He asked he how they get a blood clot and I said not sure but I told him you can get a blood clot from any surgery that is why they have you wear those stockings and air boots.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Colleen O.
on 6/23/14 5:20 am
VSG on 04/09/14

I had my surgery with one of the other surgeons in your program.  Listen to Dr. Khaitan.  She's an expert and knows what she's talking about.  The surgeons in that program are all very good and have excellent statistics.  Did your friends get medical degrees when you weren't looking????  They don't sound like friends at all.

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

ShadowWolf3
on 6/23/14 4:29 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I think they are just worried about me which I understand.  But I need to do this for me.  I know they don't have medical degrees just a concern and like everyone always hear the negative and not the positive results of things because news and internet like to dish out the bad more than the good.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/23/14 5:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My mantra, both pre- and post-op, and one I suggest to others:

"My body, my surgery, my decision."

Friends, family, total strangers, whoever. They can have their own opinions, but they're not living with it, and it's NOT their decision. In the end, the choice is yours and your alone, and it is absolutely NONE of their business.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active