Looking for people who have had Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Puerto Vallarta! Need Advice!

PittyGirl
on 6/20/14 7:44 am

I am looking for people who have had the gastric sleeve surgery. I am ready to book with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta but am kind of nervous! Is there anyone who has had the surgery that can help me understand what to expect? My family dr even told me that if something goes wrong Alberta Health Services will make me pay for any procedures if something goes wrong (I called AHS and they said that wasn't true). I just have a lot of questions and would love to chat with someone who isn't an employee of Dr Joya lol!

Thank you!

ywgchick
on 6/21/14 12:22 pm
VSG on 05/08/14

I had surgery in Mexico but with a different doctor so I can't tell you anything about Dr Joya.

Before I left for Tijuana, I met with my GP who told me he would be glad to follow my post-op care. His only request was that he receive post-op care instructions from the surgeon. He told me that if I needed treatment while back in Manitoba, Manitoba Health could not ethically deny me treatment. I imagine it's the same thing in Alberta. You may want to ask the same question on the Mexico board or the Alberta board.

Height: 5'1 | HW: 200 lbs | CW: 136

Most Active