how quickly can/do you lose weight after?

dragonlove
on 6/21/14 7:48 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I'd like to suggest that you also discuss your goals with your surgeon.  My surgeon came right out before surgery and asked me what I was expecting out of this.  He should have enough experience, and reference material to help you decide, with your body style, type of surgery, and his specific program to help you know a goal.  

With mine, I have an end goal, but not goals along the way.  Every single person on here loses differently.  I lose faster than some, and slower than some. I think what everyone above is afraid of is that you will expect to lose X within 3 months, Y more within 6 months, and get discouraged and quit following the program.  I know people who have made their goal in 6 months.  Others who have only lost 1/2 of what I have in a longer time.  The point is that we are all different and how our bodies react is very different.

Work with your surgeon to set your final goal and the simply glory in the progress along the way!  It will be great!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

puffierus
on 6/21/14 8:04 am, edited 6/21/14 8:05 am - PA

So many different things can effect the amount of weight you lose. Every body is different and many programs/ surgerie are different. There is actually a calulator on this sight to help calculate expected weight loss. Most program will say you can expect to lose 60% of your excess body weight. But you still have to watch your calories and excerise. There still is no magic wand it is still eat less move more, and you have to make better choices for food than we did in the past. Good luck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

Laura in Texas
on 6/21/14 8:29 am

You can use the OH Post-Op Planner to get an idea of how your loss may look, but do remember that we are all different. As long as you are following your doctor's plan, you will lose weight. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/14 10:35 am - warren, MI

thank you everyone for all the great advice!!!! =)

Most Active