Pain under incision from vls

jhiggins80
on 6/20/14 11:37 am

Hi I am a newbie here! I had the sleeve done 6/3/14 and am down 23 lbs. (incl -10 from pre-op diet) in the last two days I've had more pain under and around the larger incision. It hurts to get up, reach, etc. is this normal? If so, how long does it last? While I'm happy to have the weight down, I am also very tired and having a hard time with the protein drinks. I appreciate suggestions, comments, etc. 

DelilahJO
on 6/21/14 11:03 pm

Hi! I made quite a similar post about a week ago. With also a bunch of views an no responses! I had the same pains in the same area. My surgery was May 21. As of about the last week it has subsided and is basically gone. :) so there is light at the end of the tunnel! I said to myself unless it is a constant terrible pain (which mine would be ok if I was relaxing etc) then it was from overdoing things. Good luck !

jhiggins80
on 6/22/14 9:39 am

Hi! Thanks, I also posted on Bariatric Friendly (on Facebook) and had lots says they had the same pain as that is the largest incision where much of the work is done. Thanks and good luck!

Most Active