Hit and Run Blocking...

56sunShine14
on 6/19/14 5:50 am

You know, not even realizing I was not signed in, I started reading some of the posts that were on the opening page as I always do,  when lo and behold, I found one post from someone whom I had put 3 responses to yesterday about wanting more people to post their pics onsite. 

You obviously didn't read the other 2 posts from me in support of what I felt you were trying to do - help others. 

The one post where I mentioned (and I was not alone in this feeling) people, including myself, may not feel it is wise or comfortable posting pics when anyone in the world can copy and paste a pic anywhere they want, is the one you are posting about today. And you aren't even adult enough to talk to me about it before blocking me. 

You know what dearie... I don't know or care why you blocked me as I was not attacking you.  I was talking about people in general and only responding to your post.  So, you hit and run and then you blocked me.  Can't you take a little constructive comment? Not even criticism.  Hell, someone else came on and directed her snorty post to me after and I simply responded and let it go.  Why block? +

You want to be mean and then go after people you think are mean to you?  This is childish and grade school-ish.

If you really want to help others, then do it!  Be an adult and treat others as adults.  Instead of going on about your gorgeous belly button, stop talking about you and help others with their self images by posting positive things ABOUT THEM.  We all are here because we couldn't lose weight alone.  We all are here looking for something.  And your belly button isn't it.

So, stop twisting posts and making them all about you being treated badly and you might just find that, even if it is not deserved, sometimes people might understand your thinking just a tiny bit before you make them regret giving you any credibility at all.

Karen

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/14 8:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Some people aren't really interested in giving support-- all they want to do is look good and be praised by others for their success (real or no). I've seen plenty of posters fitting that description around here, some far more "famous" than others, but almost all of them have the bad habit of hitting the block button when called out for giving inaccurate information, refusing to answer legitimate questions that may contradtict their POV, or looking down on those who don't give them the respect and attention they apparently "deserve."

If your life is such that you need random strangers on the Internet to tell you that your tummy tuck makes you an amazing person, that your unhealthy post-op diet philosophy is a lifesaver, or that the memes and quotes you regurgitate from Facebook and Pinterest are original and inspiring and life-changing? That's lovely for you, but I don't need that. I'm going to skip right over that post, and do my best to see that newbies get accurate and honest information to counteract the occasional pocket of narcissism.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/19/14 9:15 am

I don't know who y'all are talking about but your post is sheer poetry, SK, that is exactly how it is 

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

56sunShine14
on 6/19/14 11:23 am

I so agree with you on that Sparklekitty!  I own my failures with my band and give most of that to it.  But after my revision and subsequent weight loss, I still would rather help someone else by letting them know they are not alone and they don't need to be perfect to be a huge success.  Everyone's story is different.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/14 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Heck yes! I think "every body, every surgery, every loss is different" is a good thing to follow around here.

I think there's a huge value in saying, "here's what I went through" so that others can have an idea of what to expect. But saying that your way is the best for everybody, especially if it's only because you and you alone have done well for yourself? No bueno, in my opinion.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/19/14 12:49 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Kudos to you both.  Couldn't have said it better.

The OP also blocked me when I pointed out her opinions seemed to be based on her perspective without consideration of other people's experiences. 

Let's hope she returns to her perfect life/model tummy, and stops harassing people on OH.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Reginab
on 6/19/14 9:25 pm

Myself I want to lose weight to get off some of the 10 meds I'm on, I want to feel like playing with my kids, I want to be able to do things without getting tired and sweat so much, i want to be healthy, yes I can't wait to be smaller buy new clothes (which is cheaper) but that's just another perk to me, there are so many health reasons why I want to lose, then comes the vanity I guess lol, I wish everyone the best of luck with their weight loss 

56sunShine14
on 6/20/14 1:24 am

And honestly Reginab, I think that is the main reason we all want WLS, to get healthy first and look better second...and spend less on clothing third!  Crap, we can get rich saving the amount of money we spend on clothing alone!

Karen

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/20/14 5:58 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I spend WAYYYYY more money on clothing now.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

MsBatt
on 6/19/14 10:05 am

Beautifully said!

Most Active