Writing positive post

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/14 3:06 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

It's good that you want to help people, but wording is important, its the internet & sometimes people post things & people take it a different way than what you originally intended, feelings get hurt, get discouraged, & everything just ends up being a mess. I take it for what it is, just opinions, some helpful, some not. We were all newbies once, I know I still am & I like reading the posts & how some point out a different view of a post that I never thought of b4. I still haven't figured out how to change my avatar, so technically challenged, so posting pictures is so not happening, but after I read some posts about not wanting to post a picture, I thought of things in a different way, would I post?, maybe, if I wasn't so technically challenged. Have a great day!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Bette B.
on 6/19/14 11:42 am

1last: here's how to make your avatar . . .

1. Find a pic that you want for your avatar (avi)

2. Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

3. Follow the "create avatar" instructions using your pic, setting the size at 100 pixel**** "resize."

4. The next page will show you three versions of your correctly sized avatar. RIGHT CLICK on the one you like best and save it to your computer.

5. Come back to OH. At the top right of every page, you'll see your user name. Click on the little arrow next to it for a pull-down menu. Click on SETTINGS.

6. On the settings page, click the tab for AVATAR. Under UPLOAD FROM YOUR COMPUTER, click CHOOSE FILE and select the little pic you just created on the other site. Then UPLOAD. You should see your new little pic as your new avatar. And then you are good to go! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/14 1:24 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Thanks finally got it to work, no rt click on laptop, but fooled around & finally got it to work! Thanks 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/19/14 4:30 am

The block button is a great feature. I always encourage people to use it to enhance their experience on OH, or anywhere else.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/14 4:57 am

The way you wrote your post it felt like you were shaming other people.Every person has different goals with their weight loss. Not everyone can get down to a size 2.

I think it is great that you were able to do so. 

MyLady Heidi
on 6/19/14 5:13 am

Brenda,

I don't take things personally that people post to me, if they don't like me, oh well, I do what I have been doing for nine years and have been successful as a post op.  If someone wants to know what I eat or how much or whatever, I tell them, it works for me.  My greatest suggestion for everyone is find what works for you and stick with it.  I love positive success stories, don't feel you have to defend your words or actions, because you don't.  No one can take your positive attitude away, don't even let them try.

hollykim
on 6/19/14 1:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM Pacific Time, Steffan467 wrote:

You know I have been there pre op, post op and living after.  I talk about my experiences and try to tell what helped me.  I am not telling anyone to do it.  Just what helped me.  I have posted  4 post.  Every single one of them ends up with someone having bad things to say, someone even had the nerve to say I was trying to fulfill my dreams by people putting before post up.  I don't mind if you tell me well maybe this is why they don't post a picture.   I don't need anyone's help at the moment.  I want to help you.  I am getting rather frustrated trying to be positive, telling people I will help you and then getting knocked around.  I have decided block is a useful tool.  I am not going to be reamed because I tell you what helped me.  My post are only suggestions.  If you are fearful of putting a picture up because it might end up on a ***** sight then don't.  Not sure why but OH people sure changed in last 10 years. Very few people were negative back then.  Sorry, I am a positive person.  I don't think negative thoughts like some do.   

Brenda

I just have to wonder why you were not around "helping" ppl for the last two years and now,all of a sudden, you think we should all be going around with our noses up your butt?

seems like thousands of ppl have done just fine without you " help" all this time. I have No use for ppl who disappear for years and can't stay around for the long haul and then show up again and think the rest of us should consider them a gift from God. 

Most Active