Surgery Date

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/14 1:56 am - Memphis, TN
VSG on 07/08/14

Hello all!! I went in today to see my surgeon and schedule my vsg surgery. I'm having surgery on 7/8/14!!! I didn't expect it to be that soon,  however I'm very grateful! Now I'm so nervous that I don't know what to do. Lol!!  

What did you take to the hospital with you?

Cathy W.
on 6/18/14 2:08 am

Exciting news! 

From ObesityHelp's informative content, here you go:

What should I bring with me to the hospital?
Basic toiletries (comb, toothbrush, etc.) and clothing may be provided by the hospital, but most people prefer to bring their own. Choose clothes for your stay that are easy to put on and take off. Because of your incision, your clothes may become stained by blood or other body fluids. Other ideas:

• reading and writing materials
  • crossword and other puzzles
  • personal toiletries
  • bathrobe
  • chapstick
  • slippers
  • A pillow for the ride home
  • earplugs
  • cell phone and charger

http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/aboutobese.html#bring

Clarabel
on 6/18/14 4:17 am

Wishing you all the best!!

Clarabel

Tracy D.
on 6/18/14 4:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I took very little and needed even less.  Most important:  lip balm!  My surgery was in the morning and I didn't get a leak test until the next day so in the meantime I couldn't have ANYTHING to drink - torture.  I was so focused on walking, sipping and controlling the gas pain that I never even looked at my iPad while I was there.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Steffan467
on 6/19/14 12:21 am

The nerves don't get any better.  One thing that helped me is the day I was driving to surgery I called a post op person I had met here.  Just what I needed.  A cheerleader.  In the mean time read a lot of post ops blogs.  That helps a lot.  I looked at before and after pictures.  Take your picture and measurements.  You don't think you will change but it is an amazing journey.  The nervousness won't get any better.  The closer it got the more nervous I got.  I remember being ready to be rolled into surgery.  I was all alone and I wanted to jump and run.  The only thing that kept me from it was the preacher was there and I didn't want to look like a fool to him.  lol.  I am so happy I did it.  Best thing I ever did for me.  You are about to go on a journey that will change your life forever.  Good Luck...  Please keep us posted.  If you need any support please message me.  As for what to bring to the hospital.  A lady already posted that.  She is very knowledgeable so I won't even try to add anything to that.  

Brenda

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/14 4:33 am - Memphis, TN
VSG on 07/08/14

Thank you! I've read some since posting this. Everything on here  has been helpful so far.

Most Active