Finding Help

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/21/14 12:21 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Since your BMI is only 35 and you need a comorbidity usually if you BMI is lower than 40 you should discuss with a bariatric surgeon the possibility of considering your MS as a comorbidity.  My mother has MS (she was diagnosed 40 years ago) and I know when she was a little heavier she suffered more.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

nturner67
on 6/21/14 1:16 am

My husband is strong but 160 lifting 220 ain't easy. There are days I'm not able to bathe and it's hard on him. Comes and goes though. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/21/14 12:17 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I would still try to go through the approval process with a bariatric surgeon here since you have MS.  The worse thing they can do is say no.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

nturner67
on 6/21/14 12:19 pm

True

White Dove
on 6/21/14 11:57 am - Warren, OH

You are not heavy enough for insurance to pay for weight loss surgery.  You do not diabetes or other health problems.  Those are two things to be very thankful for.  Health is much better than sickness.

Your weight is making you miserable.  Go to Mexico and get surgery.  Do not get a sleeve.  Losing as slowly as you do on a strict diet means that you also need malabsorption.  You will be a perfect candidate for RNY.  After surgery it will be like being on your diet, except that you will not get hungry and you will be full on a tiny amount of food.

Get scheduled and get your RNY as soon as possible.  By your daughter's wedding you should be down about 100 pounds and in love with life again.  The money is not that important.  It will not cost as much as a nice used car. 

If you spend $5000 and enjoy 50 years of a slim body, then it will cost you $100 for each year.  You are so worth it. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

nturner67
on 6/21/14 12:04 pm

nturner67
on 6/21/14 12:05 pm

Can you recommend a good place in Mexico?

White Dove
on 6/21/14 12:07 pm - Warren, OH

Contact Shelly who posts here as Eggface.  She went to Mexico and will give you good feedback.

nturner67
on 6/21/14 12:10 pm

Oh lord technology deficient lollll

ill try

White Dove
on 6/21/14 12:10 pm - Warren, OH

Most Active