Getting everything in order, hopefully i will be sleeved in 8-10 weeks ! I think i am ready!?!?

Bonnie250
on 6/17/14 2:27 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

wow i cant believe this is happening! I am sailing through the classes, questionnaires, test, and its going to be here before i know it! I want to thank everyone for their inspiring stories, pictures and I cant help but to feel a mutual...well...I dont know what the right word is...perhaps its more of a mutual feeling(s) of struggles,hopes,dissapointments,goals,successes, all relating to something that can be very PERSONAL. Having an addiction to food, or eating, or battling weight, is a VERY real struggle, and it is such a shame that being overweight has a bad stigma attached to it, people dont laugh at people who use cigarettes as a "crutch", or nor do they laugh at alcoholism,drug abuse,gambling,and..well. you get the picture...but FAT is LAUGHED AT. how unfair is that? all of the things i mentioned above can be put down, they can all be left alone, an alcoholic in recovery just DOESNT drink alcohol again. Doesnt buy it, or keep it in the house, neither does an ex smoker, they leave those vices, they have the CHOICE to STOP.  well we who battle weight, well we can NEVER LEAVE OUR VICE ALONE, we will forever have to deal with the very thing every SINGLE DAY for the rest of our lives...ok, well, i am closing this because i am rambling...lol....

Bonnie

kathkeb
on 6/17/14 3:31 pm

I wish you luck with your surgery.

I respectfully disagree with your comments about not being able to 'leave our vice alone'.

I have been abstaining from certain foods for more than 5 years (gratefully, one day at a time) and like an alcoholic has to drink, but chooses to no longer drink alcohol, I have to eat, but choose to not eat certain foods.

Kath

Cathy W.
on 6/18/14 1:54 am

There are foods you can avoid.  There are trigger foods that you can avoid.  Usually the trigger or comfort foods we turn to aren't generally nutritious and a part of healthy food choices.  Some people need to avoid certain foods such as sugary, fast food/junk food; some people can learn to eat foods in moderation. 

Try not to think too far ahead about "NEVERs" and enjoy the process of having surgery and changing your lifestyle. 

Best of luck to you.

Most Active