10 months out and slowing down

scarlett921
on 6/17/14 2:08 am

Hi.  I had WLS last October.  The past 3 months, i've been struggling with slow weight loss.  The doctor's not happy with me and I'm not happy with me.  I just read something about a 5 day "reset" diet.  I'm trying that to hopefully get back on track.  I love to excercise and am doing ok with that, but I know I have increased my portions. And I can't get away from cheese!  I grab that as a quick snack, before anything else.  Here's a couple problems.  I have a family, and need to cook dinner.  Most of the time, I wonder why I bother.  I can't eat much and would be fine with a protein bar.  If I try to make something healthy, no one wants to eat it anyway!  But just eating protein bars all the times leaves me totally unsatisfied in terms of sitting doewn to a decent meal.  Make any sense?  Then I end up snacking, just to feel lke I'm actually eating something.  That's led to the slow down and that's why I'm trying this 5 day diet out.  I'm just frustrated and this feeling of not being satisfied isn't something they ever talked about.  how does everyone cope? 

ladygodiva1228
on 6/17/14 3:56 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

The 5 day diet thing is a bunch of BS don't even bother. 

You answered your own question.  "but I know I have increased my portions."  Go back to measuring out your portions. 

If no one wants to eat anything healthy in your family then have them make their own meals maybe that will change their toon.

Why are you eating protein bars?  Are you not getting the protein from more dense things like fish, chicken, beef?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Steffan467
on 6/17/14 4:07 am

By taking pictures and measurements along with weight..  Many times you are not losing weight but you are losing inches.   Get the tape measure out, and the camera.  That will motivate you.  Be careful what you eat.  Eat slowly.  I had a 2 month stop where I didn't lose anything.  I thought I was done at 143.  I ended up starting to lose again and was at 103.  I had to work to gain.  Take a deep breath.  Don't eat the things you shouldn't for a bit.  Your body will reset and you will start losing again.  The closer you are to goal the slower weight comes off.  Goood luck.

Brenda

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

Cathy W.
on 6/17/14 5:23 am

From posts on the message boards, members have had limited success with the 5 Day Pouch Diet.  Notice the word "Diet" because, in my opinion, it is yet another diet.

You can get all sorts of healthy, delicious recipes.  You can check out the OH Recipe message board, one of my faves is The World According to Eggface, Bariatric Foodie among a few.  I have a son that is a super picky eater and I have fixed recipes from these and other sites that he likes. 

To get back on track, one of the best things is to record your food and exercise.  You can do it on ObesityHelp's Health Tracker under My OH or a good old journal full of paper and a pen to track what you eat and your activity.  If getting back on track seems too overwhelming, start with one day at a time.  You could also commit to eating "on track" three or four days out seven or you could just go for it and use the tools of making sure you drink 64 ounces of water, nix the protein bars for lean satiating proteins and exercise. 

Remember why you wanted surgery in the first place and go from there.

Member Services
on 6/17/14 5:26 am - Irvine, CA

Another suggestion is to join the OH Group Back On Track Together.  There are lots of members with good support and suggestions.

You can do it!

Most Active