Weight loss

Bmspc
on 6/16/14 9:17 pm

I lost 10 lbs pre op and about 15 post op.  My weight loss has not budged for about a week and a half. I know it is not because I'm eating too much because I can barely get 500 calories in. I have moved to soft foods and nothing much fits in. lol. Anyone have this issue? My surgery was may 21.  

jastypes
on 6/16/14 10:32 pm - Croydon, PA

We call these "stalls" and they are absolutely normal.  They pass.  Keep following your surgeon's instructions and the weight loss will definitely pick up again.  Promise!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Cathy W.
on 6/16/14 11:28 pm

Just say to yourself "This too shall pass" because it will. 

Stalls are perfectly normal and part of the process.  Don't worry, as long as you follow your surgeon's protocol, the weight will com off.

Bmspc
on 6/17/14 12:07 am

Thank you all for the info

Steffan467
on 6/17/14 1:21 am

I would really like you to go to maybe page 7 on my blog it shows my weightloss.  This is how your body works.  You lose weight and not inches, then your body adjust to the weightloss and you lose inches.  I did measurements once a month.  Weighed myself much more.  You need to keep a tablet with your measurements especially between belly button and pelvic area.  Take a picture each month.  It helps so much.  I remember flipping out because I didn't loose any weight for 2 months at 143.  I was thinking I am done.  Then poof I ended up down to about 103.  I had to start working at gaining weight.  Will you please do this.  This isn't a race it is a journey.  You didn't gain overnight and the slower you lose your weight the less likely you will have loose skin.  Your body has more time to adjust.  If you need any help at all please message me.

Brenda

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

Bmspc
on 6/20/14 1:06 am

Love your blog! Thank you

Bmspc
on 6/20/14 8:05 am

Okay Brenda.  Because of your great page and wise words I am going to start a journal!! I promise. 

cbr2523
on 6/20/14 1:50 am

Wow, I felt like I was reading one of my own posts! My surgery date was May 29th. I lost 13 pre op liquid diet and 10 post op and haven't lost anything else for two weeks! I too am becoming discouraged and annoyed :( I read some of your replies and it helped. Thanks and good luck!

Cindy

Bmspc
on 6/20/14 8:04 am

Hi Cindy. Sounds like we are in the same shoes.  I am about a week further in my journey.  Are you eating any foods yet or still on liquids? I'm not tolerating the soft foods well.  Beth

cbr2523
on 6/20/14 8:35 am

Hi, I'm doing totally fine. Been eating cottage cheese and yogurt, hummus, sugar free ice pops, I ate some salmon and steamed veggies but it was a little rough going down. I ate some chicken breast but again it was rough going down. I had major discomfort later don't know if it's cause I ate too fast or if I didn't chew it enough. But I definitely over did it. :( I think my brain hasn't caught up to by stomach yet. Oh I've had egg salad and tuna salad and those were really filling too. Try to keep my calories under 600 and I started going to the gym and doing 45 mins on treadmill and I'm still stuck. Dr told me that weight loss is in steps never a steady slope so that makes me feel better. 

Most Active