Here's how to not make it permanent

shoutjoy
on 6/15/14 9:22 pm - Culpeper, VA

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Here's how to not make it permanent:”

When the holidays come, the temptations may be more than you can handle. Over indulgence at a get-together, busy schedules, celebrations, picnics and bags of holiday treats can tax your willpower beyond their limits. It doesn't make you a failure because you partake of holiday festivities now and again. Just don't lose sight of your goals. Do what you can during the holidays. You're only a failure if you completely give up after you give in. If you know there's just no way you can (or want to) avoid the holiday goodies on a particular day, give yourself permission. But, make a conscious effort to get in a few good days afterward where you are sticking with your regular regimen. Once over you can think back with a smile instead of regret.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Steffan467
on 6/16/14 7:23 am

I agree.  If I would have given up every time I ate something I shouldn't have I would of never made it.  My biggest secret is to eat slow.  That gives your brain time to know when you are full.  If you are full quit.  You don't have to clean your plate.  If need be use a smaller plate.  That helped me in the beginning.  I felt like I was eating a big meal when it was on a small plate.  I weigh myself often.  If the scale starts moving up I watch it a few days.  If the scale starts going down to much, darn I have to eat a few of those things I try to avoid.  If you just can't resist eating too much of something like potato chips etc.  then don't buy them.  Just don't stretch out that little pouch.  

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

Most Active