Post Op sightseeing/traveling

LEOKAT
on 6/16/14 6:50 am

I am excited that I have everything scheduled.  I live in the center of the US in St. Louis, so since Tijuana is so close to a beach, Im sure I wouldnt be able to go into the water, but does after having surgery could I go and just sit in front of water for the ocean breese?  I'm going through  A Lighter Me.  I chose them because they seemed the most personable and the reviews I read on Dr. Ortiz all sounded good.

Thanks,

kathkeb
on 6/16/14 12:53 pm

you might call A Lighter ME and ask their opinion about your ability to do what you are asking.

I was not allowed to get into water (pool or tub) for several weeks, but could have sat poolside and put my feet in the water.

Personally, I don't have the comfort level (personal saftety wise) to sight see or even travel to that part of Mexico.

Kath

JenniPenny
on 6/17/14 3:35 am - MN

I assume you mean you're having your surgery in Mexico. Living in the middle of the U.S. have you made sure that the doctors in your area and the local hospital will treat you after having surgery out of the country? Many won't. I don't know about your ability to walk and sit on the beach post op. Everyone is different with recouperation. For most of us we're up and walking after surgery, we can do stairs but no water until the stitches are healed - if we have any and all drains are out - again, if we have any. check with the doc/nurses there and see what they say. Good luck to you on your journey.

Jen 13 yrs post op RNY

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/18/14 11:16 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Going to the beach in Tijuana (was there in 2008) is very different than going to the beach in the US.  It's not resort like-just a bunch of run down houses on the ocean.  Tijuana is VERY dangerous also (I'm a criminal justice professor so I'm not just throwing this out there).  You should be safe going to your surgery center but as far as going out into the city unaccompanied I would strongly advise against. 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/18/14 11:33 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Btw this is the beach in Tijuana.  It takes about 30 minutes to get there by car.  Tijuana Beach

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/18/14 11:34 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

That is me before I lost 173 lbs. 

Most Active