Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

hugssalot
on 6/19/14 9:49 am

Hi, I am new to this I am Pre-op surgery scheduled in 2 weeks. 

Member Services
on 6/23/14 5:36 am - Irvine, CA

Hello hugssalot,

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are so excited for you and your upcoming surgery.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Bonnie250
on 6/19/14 2:33 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Hi! I am new to ObesityHelp, i am on my way to hopefully have the sleeve in late August, or Early September. Everything so far has gone super smooth. I am as ready i guess as i will ever be! Excited and READY!

Member Services
on 6/23/14 5:41 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Bonnie250,

zenBella
on 6/19/14 3:04 pm
RNY on 07/08/14

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site and to weight loss surgery.  I start my pre-op diet on Sunday (6/22) and I will have the RNY procedure July 7th.  I am totally excited!  I have spent hours on this site and I thank you all for the inspiration.  Good luck to you all.

Member Services
on 6/23/14 5:45 am - Irvine, CA

Weclome zenBella,

Wow, your surgery date is just around the corner. We are so excited for you.  If there is anything we can do to help you we are here!  We look forward to reading all about your success 

AMDRN
on 6/20/14 10:06 am - ft belvoir, VA
with

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Aubrey and had the sleeve done on June 3rd. I am almost 3 weeks post-op and so far it has been amazing. I am already down 22lbs (no lbs lost during pre op phase because I didn't do so well there). Every day is a learning curve for me so I am hoping to connect with some people that can help me navigate this new life. I have been doing well, had no nausea/never vomited, and have been able to be pretty active. The only issues that I am having is getting in enough protein and water (average 60gms protein daily). Yesterday started some nausea that has continued on into today along with an aversion to most food. Is that to be expected? I am supposed to be on the mushy phase of eating but find that I can only tolerate my protein shakes, protein soup, and an occasional packet of cream of wheat. I am trying to think of other high protein foods that I could be trying but every time I start to try something, it makes me nauseous and I can't do it. My nutritionist suggested yogurt but now that makes me queasy as well. I am so thankful for this procedure and I want to be successful so if anyone has some knowledge to share, I would love to hear it! Best wishes to everyone!

Aubrey

Member Services
on 6/23/14 5:48 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Aubrey,

Welcome and Congratulations on your surgery.  Be sure and stop by the VSG forum to get support and feed back from members that had the same surgery as you.  It can be very hard at first to get all the protein in with all the swelling and your small tummy.  Hang in there, it will get better and follow your surgeon's advice/suggestions.

Stay in touch so we can see how well you are doing!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Marcy85
on 6/20/14 3:39 pm

Hi my name is Amber  and I am new here. I got my surgery date today for the lap band it is 7/8/14. I have been waiting a year for this  and now it is  coming true . Every post i see I regarding lap band it is  about people who weigh in there 200's I myself as of today weigh 450 pounds. I came here to maybe get some info or advice from people who have had the surgery and if anybody heavier like myself  has any advice that would be great. My family is not really supportive because they say a person my size will not do good with the lap band. So at this point I am going through with surgery just feeling overwhelmed.

Ju1ieg
on 6/22/14 10:16 am - Lone Jack , MO

Hi Amber, I'm Julie, I have had my band for just over 8 years now.  My mom and I got our bands about a month apart.  I'm going to give you both sides of the coin here.  I hate my band, I have struggled with it since I got it.  I'm now 215 lbs, 5 more than when I had surgery.  I really struggle with the throwing up, I get so frustrated with it.  The good thing is that it's not permanent, I'm now just scheduling my surgery for band removal and VSG.  Now, my mom loves her band and looks great.  She never had the trouble that I have.  I hope that doesn't scare you, I just wanted to let you know it works for some and doesn't for others but it's not your last option and a good place to start.  Good luck to you, I hope you do well with it.

Most Active