Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Mrs_McGoodman
on 6/29/14 8:03 am

Hi, I am new to OH.  A friend of mine that had surgery referred this website to me.  I am scheduled for surgery 8/26.  Initially, I was scheduled to have surgery July 1 but my employer wouldn't approve my time so it had to be rescheduled.  I am so looking forward to the surgery.... 

Member Services
on 6/29/14 8:22 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on taking control of your life and your weight loss journey on August 26th. 

We suggest you research all your options for WLS and OH is the right place for that.  As a new member of the OH community, we've provided some links below to various message boards. You didn't say which procedure you've chosen for your WLS so below are links to the surgery boards. Also, make sure that you check out the features on the drop down menu of "My OH" such as Health Tracker.  

tammiesut70
on 6/29/14 5:46 pm - Barboursville, WV

I am new to the forum and I have a few questions for all of you. First, have any of you had a revision surgery after gastric by-pass? Secondly, why is it so difficult to find a surgeon that will do this type of revision? I had my initial surgery in 1999 and it was very successful. I west from 285-290 down to 138!!I am now back up to 230 and I am finding it extremely difficult to lose this weight using conventional methods. I am 44 years old and currently going through menopause so I'm sure that is hindering my weight loss endeavor. I am desperate, please help. 

Member Services
on 6/29/14 9:56 pm - Irvine, CA

Check out the Revision message board and RNY message board

Best of luck to you!

Sfolden
on 6/29/14 10:26 pm

I am a newbie to the site. I have my VSG scheduled for July 21, 2014 and am both excited and nervous. Excited because after being overweight since age 10, and trying numerous weight loss programs, losing weight and then gaining it back, I will have what I hope is a better tool and chance to be succesful.

I am glad to start my journey soon, after taking 7 years to decide if its was what I really needed to do.

My co-worker had VSG done in Mexico about 4 months ago, and so far is down 61 pounds. I am lifted up in spirits by her success.

Time will tell, but I am ready

Member Services
on 6/30/14 12:59 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to the ObesityHelp Community.

It will be helpful to you to have your co-worker that had WLS.  You can be support for each other.  You sound ready!

lschnyder
on 6/29/14 10:31 pm - Hay River, Canada

Hi Everyone,

Like most of you, I've always been a curvy girl who has become fluffy. My current weight is 281lbs. on a 5'6 frame and honestly my body is paying the price. I'm only 36 and some days I feel so much older and achier. I have tried the fad diets, exercised, boot camps, etc. and yes I lose a lil weight but then I gain it and then some. I will admit that I do sabotage myself every time with the food I eat or the too tired not enough time to exercise. I am a boredom eater, forgot to eat for the day then binge, or my favorite, I lost 10lbs so I can eat whatever I want in one day.

Since moving to the NWT, I have gained 10 lbs for every year I'm here. So in 9 years it seriously adds up. I'm more sedentary and not as active as I was down south. Yes isolation is part of it but there are no fast food places, my job gives me a gym pass, and there are various groups that offer yoga, boot camp,  aerobics and running. Yes I do shift work but if I honestly work my schedule around, I could be doing something active everyday for 30-45 min a day.

I am currently looking at having the gastric sleeve done. I've watched YouTube videos, read blogs and reviews and I have weighed the positive and negative in getting the surgery. This may honestly be the kick in the butt I need to get serious with getting healthy and taking control of my eating habits. I want to go into this decision with my eyes open and i know that this will not be a quick fix or the lazy way out as this will be a huge life change in how I look at food, being healthy and having a new start at getting back the old me.

Member Services
on 6/30/14 1:01 am - Irvine, CA

You've got a great mindset - having WLS will be a new start and getting back to "the old me."

Welcome to the OH community.  We're glad you're here.

Lady_K1126
on 6/30/14 12:46 am

I have a newbie question...  I have two tickers in my sig.  How do I get rid of one of them?  I thought I had deleted it. 

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

Member Services
on 6/30/14 1:07 am - Irvine, CA

We reset it for you.  The second ticker is now gone.

Welcome to OH!!

Most Active