Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Member Services
on 6/29/14 2:22 am - Irvine, CA

Go to the message board (not your profile) that you want to post on.  The post you made in this thread is on the General Discussion board.

At the top left, under the name of the message board, you'll see a blue button "New Topic" - click on that and you'll see the blank area.  Type in the subject of your post and go down to the large text box and type in your post.  Below that area, you'll see a blue "Submit" button.  When you submit your post, you'll see it "Processing" and it will be posted. 

Check out our Help area for posting a new topic

If you have any questions or need more assistance, email us at [email protected].

Lois D Foster
on 6/28/14 10:06 pm - MO
VSG on 07/07/14

Hi OH Family,

I'm newbie on OH . My surgery date is  approaching it's 7/7/2014. I'm excited, yet nervous all at the same time.

I started my 10 day liquid diet on June 17th, omg. How do you stay focused ?  HELP!!!!

Lois D Foster

Member Services
on 6/29/14 2:28 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to the OH Community!  Your surgery date is almost here - congratulations.  Thanks for posting here so we can celebrate your upcoming surgery and support you.

To stay focused, keep busy.  Enjoy any/all hobbies that you have, read members posts on our many message boards, post on the message boards and read articles on the OH Blog.  We suggest hanging out on ObesityHelp because it will keep you focused and in the mindset of your goal for your WLS.

Good luck!!

Lois D Foster
on 7/1/14 1:31 am - MO
VSG on 07/07/14

Hi Amanda,

was reading your notes. We're you able to eat? Curious, I've read foods taste different after the sleeve. Was it like that for you.

Lois D Foster

amanda_weightlossjo
urney

on 6/29/14 3:40 am

This is my first time on this website I had surgery 6/10/14.  I still feel like I have so much to learn about all this and feel confused.  Today I can start eating blended food I have looked forward to this day and now it is here I am so scared to eat.  Having a heard time deciding what to try and I am so picky I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese.  Just don't know where to begin? Feeling lost

Member Services
on 6/29/14 6:21 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to OH and the OH community. 

Check your surgeon's information on the blended food options that you can eat.  For example, soft scrambled egg or pureed chicken, turkey or beef.  Eat small bites and chew thoroughly. 

It is understandable to be scared to eat.  Progressing on to foods after surgery is a big step.  Call your nutritionist tomorrow and talk over your concerns and pureed food options. 

tjpagano1
on 6/29/14 6:47 am

Hi gang.  My name is Tom.  I'm 47.  I started really preparing for this surgery in November of 2013.  I weighed 274 before a six month term at Weigh****chers.  I was 259 at the pre-op appointment.  I'm 244 today.  30 lbs down.

I've recently had the sleeve procedure on Tuesday, June 24.  So far, so good.  The pain after the surgery was much more tolerable than I expected.  I have not really needed any pain meds after being released at all.  The worst part, in my experience, is the gas.  It took a while to get it moving through my system, but rest assured, it did.  I'm on the phase two diet as of yesterday and easing my way into it.  I have introduced the "norms" like yogurt, cream of wheat, protein shakes, and mushy cottage cheese.  I think I might be pushing it so I plan to back down a bit for a day or two.

My concern, right now, is with the protein shakes.  I need to find one I like.  I use an isolate because I have a problem with lactose and I've tried "Silk" and lactose-free milk - neither leave me longing for more!

I wish all those reading this the best.  And I sure as hell hope I feel "normal" with this procedure as soon as possible!  Good luck and be strong.

Member Services
on 6/29/14 7:56 am - Irvine, CA

Protein drinks can be a hit and miss as far as taste is concerned.  Check out some of the companies that advertise on OH to research the protein drinks that are available. 

You'll feel a new (healthier) normal with each day.  Progressing on to the second phase of the post-op food options is a big step to your new normal healthy lifestyle.

Welcome to OH.  Please post how you're doing.

tiredoffeelingbad
on 6/29/14 7:12 am

I had gastic bypass about 14 years age.  I really would like to have it taken down.  I want a normal stomach again.  I am having heart problems.  I have always had problems with gas.  I am in need of any advice. I have always maintain a loss of about 100 pounds.  HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Member Services
on 6/29/14 7:51 am - Irvine, CA

Give your bariatric surgeon a call and make an appointment to have a consultation.  Gastric bypass surgery isn't considered reversible.  Talk with your surgeon regarding the medical issues you've having to see what options you might have.

Best of luck to you.

Most Active