Clear Liquid H3LL

dashmatrix
on 6/12/14 10:35 am

Hi all. So I have my surgery tomorrow morning first thing. VSG. It's been a loooooong bumpy road, but nothing compared to what most have gone through. Anyway, my question is this. My surgeon has me on a clear liquid diet pre-op and it's killing me. I just can't get enough sugar free jello or whatever to feel full. So is it going to be like this after the surgery ? Will I want to kill myself with a cheeseburger like I do right now ? Or will the post op diet phase smooth out the cravings and hunger ?

kathkeb
on 6/12/14 2:23 pm

Best of luck with your surgery.

I don't have a VSG, but I do know that after surgery your nerves take time to heal,and you cannot trust your own sense of fullness.

Your doctor should give you guidelines and you should follow it , on a schedule, to stay hydrated and nourished.

I made a list of "25 things to do besides eat", and if it was not meal time, I did things on that list to distract myself.

I had to learn the difference between feeling satisfied, or 'not hungry' and full.

Before surgery, I overate to fullness too often ..... If I were to try that now, I would be physically ill so I have to eat weighed or measured meals and stop ...... And then notice after a few minutes that I am no longer hungry.

Slow and steady, and trust that this will work for you!!!!!

Kath

WhydidIwait
on 6/13/14 6:50 am
RNY on 06/05/14

Does clear liquids include Isopure?  It's got protein in it and it's very filling,

I'm a week post-RNY and have to write down when I have to eat so I remember.  I'm not hungry

Teresa G.
on 6/13/14 8:31 am
VSG on 06/03/14

Hi, I am 10 days post op and I did have to do clear liquids for 7 days after, but I didn't have any hunger pains.  The clear liquids suck, but at least I wasn't craving any foods either.  Best of luck!!

dashmatrix
on 6/16/14 11:06 pm

Thanks all. I am on Day 5 now post op. Proceedure went like clockwork I guess, and you're all pretty right. The clear liquids are now about all I could really even dream of wanting. I can do isopure, I tried the premade bottles at GNC... They tase like pool water. I have some Syntrax Nectar that works and have been using the Proasis Bullets.I stocked up on them to have enough for a 2 week 100% proasis diet if need be. They have 25g of protein each and are around 3oz. They are seriously bitter to me now. That fruit punch flavor now tastes like chemical toilet cleaner but I can get it down without getting sick.

Most Active