3 weeks post-op

rene_aycock7
on 6/10/14 11:35 pm

I also notice that I am only getting 200-300 calories a day, and I am struggling to get all my liquids in. I am lucky to get 24 oz. on top of what little food I intake. Is this normal during the first 6 weeks?

phillygirl215
on 6/11/14 4:45 am
RNY on 05/07/14

Hello this is normal for me.. I'm really struggling and I went to the doc and they told me to increase and eat three times a day, get at lease two to three spoons in of each meal...I am 5weeks out and I don't have appetite.. So now I'm working on a timer to remind me what to do next.. I was barely getting 200 calories in.. I would bring anything back up..So I understand.. I reply becuz ur not alone.. 

rene_aycock7
on 6/11/14 4:54 am

Thank you phillygirl! It makes me feel better that someone out there can relate, and I don't feel so alone. Yes, no appetite I just eat because well that's what I am supposed to do or I wouldn't except for energy purposes, so I don't just completely fall out when I'm trying to work. The vitamins gag me, so that is hard, but thank God no throwing up. It is so hard to try and work and stay focused on what, when, how much to eat and drink. It seems like a constant uphill battle. I am hoping at my 6 week check up on July 2nd the light at the end of the tunnel will emerge. I wish you success also, and thanks for responding!

phillygirl215
on 6/11/14 5:16 am
RNY on 05/07/14

Your welcome.. What type of surgery did u have???

rene_aycock7
on 6/11/14 5:32 am

I had the RNY on May 20th.

Most Active