Telling ppl at work

mustlovepoodles
on 6/11/14 9:28 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I elected not to tell anyone at work. I told my boss that I needed colon surgery--that's all he needed to hear before he turned pea-green.  I have not told anyone else. Since I was already losing weight prior to surgery it hasn't been a big deal. People notice the weight loss but most recently they have been commenting on my hair, what did I do to it, did I cut it, who colors it.  I think they *are* noticing that something is different but they can't put their finger on what it is. It's NOT my hair. I don't color my hair, even though the front is quite silvery.  In fact, my hair had been falling out in bunches but now I see lots of new hair coming in at my hairline and my part.

Heck, I didn't even tell my mother or my sisters until 3 weeks ago, 5 months after surgery. I simply didn't want to hear their negativity. Indeed, when I did tell them they were horrified and rushed in to tell horror stories of somebody's cousin's best friend suffering terrible consequences or dying. Yeah, thanks guys. I've got this now.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Most Active