Is there a support group in or near Conroe Texas?

Selena A.
on 6/9/14 1:59 am - Conroe, TX

Hello,

I am new to the area. And I feel as if I need to join a support group to get back on track. Does anyone know of one in or near the Conroe Texas or Houston area?

Selena A

tdallison
on 6/9/14 3:21 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

There is one in Beaumont.  Is that too far for you to drive?  We meet once a month on a Tuesday at 5 pm

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Selena A.
on 6/9/14 3:27 am - Conroe, TX

Thanks for the info. Beaumont is about 1 1/2 hours away. Is it a large group? What types of topics are discussed? I may be willing to travel if its only once a month.

Selena A

tdallison
on 6/9/14 3:48 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Group size varies, sometimes only 4 or 5 and sometimes 12 or so.  Topics are differend each month.  New person over group (Amy) and she is trying to bring a range of info to us, she is a dietician.  Last month we had a trainer come and talk to us about exercises that we can do at home and other things to get moving.  She tries to have receipes and other stuff and then of coarse open discussion.   If you want to join Southeast Texas bariatrics on facebook she ususally post stuff about upcoming meetings and also will ask for suggestions.  the meetings are held at my surgeons office (Dr. Jerome Schrapps)  but you do not have to be a patient of theirs to attend (we have at least one that had surgery in Houston) and we also have people from all surgery types attend. 

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active