SUPER FRUSTRATED!!!!

sophiaberry
on 6/10/14 10:09 am

Hello Everyone:

I have always been a big girl so I have always had to watch my weight.  I have always been able to loose 5 to 15 pounds whenever I needed to when I was younger up until my mid thirties.  However now 45 and going through menopause I can't loose anything.  I had a personal trainer who killed me for 2 months and nothing.  I know it has to be my eating habits.   I know the right things to eat however not sure what I need to eat for myself in order to loose the weight.  I am 5'6 215 pounds.  I am trying to get to at least 165.  Does anyone know of an awesome weight loss doctor in Georgia that will do a thorough physical of me that can tell me what I need to do to loose weight?  I don't need a doctor to weigh me and give me diet pills and send me on my way. 

Someone please Help!!!!!!

Mary Gee
on 6/10/14 2:29 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I'm not familiar with your area, but:  The Weight Center at the hospital I went to for WLS also had a "non-surgical" program.  

Also called the Custom Track, this program promotes weight loss through lifestyle changes focused on nutrition and exercise. The program is designed individually to suit your needs, taking into account any medical issues, physical limitations and special weight loss goals (such as weight loss before joint replacement surgery).  After a free orientation meeting, you attend one-on-one and small group meetings with professionals in medicine, psychology, exercise physiology and nutrition. Through individual and group sessions, you will learn the diet and exercise skills you need for successful weight loss and, just as importantly, long-term weight loss maintenance. 

Maybe the hospitals near you have similar programs.

Good Luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

kathkeb
on 6/10/14 2:31 pm

If you don't want drugs or weight 

Loss surgery, chances are you would do better with a nutritionist who specializes in weight loss patients.

You might want a thorough physical, first, but most weight loss docs want to prescribe you pills, put you on a liquid diet or give you weight loss surgery.

Kath

shoutjoy
on 6/10/14 8:12 pm, edited 6/10/14 8:12 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

It is very frustrating for sure.  I can recommend a couple of things.  Yes, I agree that you get a physical to make sure that your weight is not due to a medical problem (i.e. thyroid).  If that isn't the case then I would recommend a couple of options.  First of all, I don't know if you have a Curves near you but they have an awesome program called Curves Complete.  I'm not going to say much more about that because I am not a sales person pushing a program.  However, it is totally awesome.  Another option which is okay as far as their methods of teaching healthy food choices and portion control is WW.  I normally tell folks that you can spend mega bucks on gym memberships and super weight loss programs but if you don't deal with the gray matter between the ears, they aren't going to work.  The mind is the central computer of our body.  It directs just about everything.  However, we can influence the decision it makes with the proper tools.  Our emotions, reactions to situations and what we see can influence how we eat.  So, maybe seeing someone who has experience working with food issues might be a good option as well.

Ok, well, I'm done.  I hope you research some of these options and get some successful weight loss.  Good luck!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Sandra L.
on 6/11/14 7:58 am
Atlanta_Forever
on 6/10/14 10:06 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

Where are you in Georgia? I visited several Atlanta weight loss centers before I made my decision. If you are in my area, send me a personal message. 

Good Luck!

sophiaberry
on 6/10/14 11:59 pm

Hi Atlanta Forever,  I live in the Atlanta area as well.

Member Services
on 6/11/14 7:35 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Sophiaberry,

We would be glad to assist you locating a surgeon in your area.  We help people every day by researching surgeons that fit their criteria (WLS procedure, insurance, etc.) and send the information to them. 

If you'd like our help, please email us at [email protected].

Regards, Member Services Team

Sandra L.
on 6/11/14 8:01 am

I agree with the other person try Curves complete for close to the same fees as another program you get meal plans and a place to exercise.  I was with Good Life fitness worked out 3-4 times a week and ended up gaining weight.  I joined Curves Complete and lost 25lbs. 

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

VSG on 06/12/13

Not sure where you live, but when I was at a swimming event for my daughter, Northside's bariatric team (from what I could tell) was having an event for morbidly obese folks in another one of the pools. This was at the Cherokee County aquatic center in Holly Springs.

Good luck!

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active