Help me please!!!!

luludoll
on 6/11/14 10:56 am

I have a problem with protein as well.  I do love light ricotta.  I also have been having the zero fat zero sugar yogurt.  Am interested in trying to find out what the greek yogurt craze is all about.  I tried plain greek in a recipe once and I didn't like it at all.  Is the Dannon light & fit is good???

MickeyDee
on 6/11/14 5:09 pm

Puree your favorite soups.  Add frozen fruit to your Greek Yoghurt, along with stevia to taste.  You don't have to eat plain yoghurt.

Marguerite2014
on 6/11/14 5:25 pm
VSG on 04/22/14

I hate to say it but when I was on the pre-op liquid diet I asked my surgeon if they had protein packets I could get for the two weeks after surgery. I left my pre-op appt. with two weeks of full liquid protein supplements for when I got home from the hospital that were each 100 cals and 15 grams of protein. I got very, very tired of chicken soup, tomato soup, pseudo chocolate shakes, mango smoothies and cocoa etc. but I didn't have to think AT ALL about what I was going to put in my mouth in those first two weeks of recovery. I just knew I was going to get 600 cals a day and 90 grams of carbs.

When I graduated off of that I moved on to pureed scrambled egg, thinned out yogurt, premier protein brand shakes (160 cals and 30 grams protein) from Costco, and canned chili that I put in the blender with yogurt and some water to make it thin. Lots of people had lots of success with things like pureed chili, refried beans with cheese, 'lasagna' without the noodles and things like that.

If you poke around this blog http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/  you will find lots of ideas for what to eat. Also I read lots of other 'first 6 weeks' documentation from various hospitals around the nation. There is no one perfect list but you should be able to find some things that are acceptable to you. Also there were some things from Trader Joe's that I really liked. They make a frozen Chicken Tikka Masala and if you don't eat the rice then it's just the right amount of food. I put it in the blender with a spoon of yogurt or milk to thin it and it came out smooth and super tasty.

Good luck! 

Most Active