Help me please!!!!

CPA_Loser
on 6/10/14 11:02 pm - WA

I'm not sure how a strawberry seed would get stuck in your stomach? They are teeny tiny...but anyway, just make sure to get the blended yogurt which has no fruit chunks (it's strained) so there shouldn't be any seeds! 

DelilahJO
on 6/9/14 11:21 pm

In my plain Greek yogurt i add a squirt of Mio (per my nutritionist ) so maybe that will help u :) 

Patty0559
on 6/10/14 3:23 am

I pureed corn beef hash in a can or tuna salad mixed with a little mayo.  I am also struggling with the protein shakes, I hate the taste of whey! I'm 4 weeks post op and still not reaching my protein quota daily.

Rebecca S.
on 6/10/14 3:26 am
RNY on 05/23/14

I didn't like Greek Yogurt either but then my brother (also RNY post-op) told me about Dannon Light and Fit Greek Pineapple Yogurt. I loved it the minute I tasted it. You should try that one.

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

lessofme123
on 6/10/14 4:18 am

I put a little splenda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in my plain Greek yogurt today. It was delish!

Hislady
on 6/10/14 4:28 am - Vancouver, WA

I want to preface this with I'm not trying to be mean or dismiss your feelings. However we all have to go thru these stages and we don't all like it but it just has to be done. As I used to tell my daughter growing up, you don't have to like it you just have to do it. Think of it as medicine, you don't always like it but you have to take it to get better.

I knew ahead of time exactly what I could have at certain stages of healing and pre-op. I had a 30 day skim milk diet pre-op, and clear liquids for 2 weeks, full liquids for 2 weeks and then mushies for 2 weeks before I could even start on normal food. Then of course the normal foods had to be healthy. This is a life style change so we don't get to choose our favorite good tasting foods we get to learn new healthy tasty foods. After all the foods we "liked" are what got us in this situation of being over weight in the first place. So for the first few weeks it isn't fun and we may have to do things we don't really like but it has to be done to be successful. I wish you great success and look at all of this as a learning experience.

Valerie G.
on 6/10/14 5:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ricotta!!!

Mix with some tomato sauce and top with gooey cheese for a lasana-like indulgence

Mix with instant pudding and a little milk or cream to get the perfect consistency for a great high protein pudding.

Also - you can make a delicious egg custard with alternative sweetners.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

renee2468
on 6/10/14 10:38 am

Maybe Mash potatoes a small one. My bari doctor said that when I couldn't eat to much. Just a little will give you the taste that you might be looking for. Hope you find what you enjoy.

jmgrant81
on 6/10/14 7:05 pm - deltona, FL

Thanks so much everyone!

dragonlove
on 6/10/14 10:46 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Definitely try different brands of the Greek Yogurt.  They taste very different - I can't stand yoplait now but love most of the flavors of the Dannon Light and Fit - they have flavored and fruit added flavors which are very different.  If you really don't like the Greek Yogurt - go for a low sugar version of regular yogurt. The Greek gives double the protein so it is better for us, but regular yogurt will work too as long as you don't load up on the sugar.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active