Help me please!!!!

jmgrant81
on 6/9/14 11:46 am - deltona, FL

I just my sugery done a week ago, and I am on high protien diet.  I have to eat strained soups or broths that I have not found any favors that I like and awful Greek yogurt.  Can someone please make suggestions on what they ate?  I am going crazy!  I have 3 more weeks of this.

Sandie E.
on 6/9/14 12:02 pm - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Can you do shakes and cottage cheese and stuff like that also yet? Sf Jello?

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

jmgrant81
on 6/9/14 10:17 pm - deltona, FL

I can eat cottage cheese with my soup, and I would rather die than eat jello.  :(

poet_kelly
on 6/9/14 12:05 pm - OH

Are you on full liquids?  Why do you have to eat Greek yogurt?

On full liquids, I ate protein shakes, clear protein drinks, sugar free pudding, yogurt, popsicles, cream soups... I think that was about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jenorama
on 6/9/14 12:13 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Check out The World According To Eggface. She has a lot of recipes for the different stages of the post-op diet. I did okay with the strained cream soups--I found the cream of chicken to be especially good. My favorite Greek yogurt is Fage. It has a nice, fresh and creamy taste. If you find it too tart, try adding some Splenda. I've even heard of adding Crystal Light powder for flavor to it. I'm not a fan of really tart yogurt either. Definitely check out Eggface's site. I've got her ricotta bake in the oven right now!

Jen

jmgrant81
on 6/9/14 10:18 pm - deltona, FL

Thanks Jenorama!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 12:29 pm

I went to Panera and bought some of their soups and blended them and added milk if too thick still.  The flavors were delish.  To this day I cannot tolerate protein shakes or yogurt.  I also ate refried beans and blended them.  I was only getting in approx 400-600 calories a day so I did not worry about it.  I cannot do that now but it helped in the first few weeks.

jmgrant81
on 6/9/14 10:19 pm - deltona, FL

I have a dr appt today, so I will definitely ask about retried beans.  Thanks for your suggestions. 

hotwaterkyle
on 6/9/14 1:49 pm
RNY on 06/02/14

1 week post op also. Eating dannon light & fit Greek strawberry helps. Otherwise I'm struggling also. Protein shakes make me sick. 

jmgrant81
on 6/9/14 10:23 pm - deltona, FL

I am scared to try something with strawberries, I heard the seeds could get stuck.  Maybe if you try torani or da Vinci syrups to your protien shakes might help.  I learned I do not light the fake chocolate, I do not like it shakes, pudding, or fudgicles.

Most Active