Any advice

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/14 11:20 pm

I have my surgery schedule and I wanted to get some advice on preparing for it. I've been reading all my hand outs and going online. I want to make sure I have everything I need. Thank you.

SJones7208
on 6/7/14 6:34 am
RNY on 04/17/14

Congratulations on your life changing decision.  It'll be two months post op on June 17th so things are still fresh in my memory.  I think I overbought items.  I was hard to wrap my head around not eating or drinking nearly what I was used to eating or drinking so I made sure I had TONS of different Isopure drinks and Crystal Light.  I had tons of low sugar juices, low fat condensed soup, sugar fee jello, sugar free popsicles, tons of cream of wheat, and low fat Greek yogurt.  I had three different flavors protein and lots of almond milk on hand since may times people are lactose intolerant.  And, I have tons of vitamins they recommend.  You're doing the right thing reading your handouts.  Stick to them and you'll be fine.  Whatever you're eating/drinking, try a little bit at a time.  Give your body a change to see if it will tolerate it or not.  My favorite thing to eat was my plain Greek yogurt with the Hawaiian Punch drink mix that's sugar free.  I still to eat that.  Your taste may change and you may not like flavors you liked before so be cautious of overbuying.  Luckily the only thing that changed for me was the taste of water.  I used to drink tons of plain water and now the thought of drinking plain water makes me want to gag. 

Good luck! 

Stephanie

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/14 7:40 am

Thank you Stephanie, and congrats on your 2 months post op. I'm really nervous, I have many people that I work with frowning on me for my choice on having gastric bypass.  It pretty tough trying to find support. I have a few friends supporting me. 

SJones7208
on 6/7/14 9:05 am
RNY on 04/17/14

It's okay...let them frown. They aren't living your life. Have you heard that say "The people who matter don't mind; and the people who mind, don't matter."?  I'm sure more than anything, they're concerned for you. They'll soon see you'll be fine and shortly better than ever!  Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions. 

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/14 12:52 pm

Thank you so much 

Most Active